- Today is day 1
- Hornet Pick of the Week for Feb. 22 is Sitota H. Great job on being a friend to everyone and working hard
- Last chance for purchasing Grade 8 Travel Draw tickets for the $500 prize being drawn next week
- Happy Birthday to two special hornets at G.E.S.- Keliee S. in grade 7 and Maria M. in grade 6!
- NO SCHOOL Monday February 25th- PD day
- Pink Shirt Day Tuesday February 26th- Wear as much pink as possible in support of this anti-bullying campaign
- 100 Days of School celebrations on Wednesday February 27th
- February 19-March 1– OurSchool Survey (Parent Survey- see memo sent home with access link)
- February 25– Professional Development – No Classes
- February 26– Late French Immersion Info Session at Montague Intermediate- 7pm
- February 26– Pink Shirt Day
- February 27– 100 Days of School Celebration (gr. K-3)
- March 4– Georgetown Elementary School Science Fair
- March 7– Evening Parent Teacher Interviews
- March 8 – Parent Teacher Interviews- No Classes
- March 18-22– March Break- No School
All after school activities in the PSB are cancelled for today, Thursday February 21, 2019.
There will be no GoPlay! for grades 5-8 today after school at Georgetown Elementary School.
The Late French Immersion Information Meeting that was planned for this evening at Montague Intermediate School has been postponed to Tuesday, February 26th at 7pm at Montague Intermediate School.
- Today is day 6
- GoPlay! with Gary Harris after school today- 3:10-4:10 p.m. for grades 5-8 – the last one of the year 🙁
- Science Fair @ G.E.S will be March 4th- winners will go on to provincial science fair on March 27 @ UPEI
- Get your Grade 8 Travel Draw tickets for February- the draw for $500 is coming up !$!$!$
Parents and G.E.S. Home & School, the staff and teachers of Georgetown Elementary School are so thankful for all the treats, notes, lunches, bouquets of flowers and for you & your support!
Thanks from each and every one of us for all the spoiling that happened over the past week and even continued into today with a treat dropped off by Ms. B….Staff appreciation week is truly appreciated by everyone at Georgetown Elementary School!
- Today is day 4
- Please make staff guest welcome, Ms. Danielle Peters
- Subway orders will be honored this week as last subway day was a storm day, new orders accepted today
- Milk orders and new subway orders accepted for the upcoming week today
- Check back for location of recess decision, it may be too cold for an outdoor recess today
- GoPlay! for grade 1-4 today after school from 3:10- 4:10- This will be the last week for the GoPlay! program this winter
The volleyball skills development and game with Belfast Consolidated School that was scheduled for Feb 15, 2019 after school will be cancelled and postponed to a later date. Students will be made aware of make up date when details become available.
Montague Intermediate will be hosting an information session for parents of students with an interest in enrolling in Late French Immersion at Montague Intermediate School
Late French Immersion would be for grade six students currently enrolled at Belfast, Cardigan, Georgetown, Montague Consolidated, Southern Kings and Vernon River Schools
Thursday February 21, 2019 ‐ 7 p.m. is the date of the information session being held at Montague Intermediate
*Registration Week is March 4 ‐ March 8 for the 2019‐2020 school year*
- Today is day 3
- Mr. Bradley’s french students in grades 4-8 will be going to a carnival at Souris Regional School today from 11:00-2:00 pm- have fun!
- Hornet Pick of the Week for February 15th is Gage D. in Ms. Mills K/1 class- Great job Gage on helping take the chair in after recess and following the rules of the bus
- Georgetown and Belfast Volleyball skill development and game today after school at 4:15 p.m. here at G.E.S. – Go Hornets!
- No School Monday February 18th for Islander Day- Enjoy your long weekend everyone!