We look forward to welcoming students back to school on January 4, 2021. We are grateful for everyone’s cooperation over the last four months and hope you enjoyed the holiday break.
We will continue to follow the most recent masking guidelines, which requires staff and students in grades 7-12 to wear non-medical masks at all times indoors except for the following exemptions:
- When staff and students are able to physically distance within a classroom (6ft/2m);
- Eating or drinking;
- Participating in a physical activity (e.g. gym);
- Engaging in an activity which prevents them from doing so (e.g. playing a wind instrument);
- When it poses a safety concern (e.g. welding); or
- When a school assesses wearing a non-medical mask is not in the best interest of a student due to physical, medical or other factors.
K-6 will also continue following the same guidelines as before the break. As a reminder, they are as follows:
- All students and staff are required to wear a non-medical mask on the school bus.
- Students in grades K-6 are recommended to wear a non-medical mask indoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
All visitors to schools are required to wear a non-medical mask indoors at all times.
Read the Non-Medical Mask procedure.
As the last year has shown us, circumstances may arise that would alter this plan. If that does occur, we will communicate any changes to you.
See you in class next week!
Public Schools Branch