- Today is day 3
- Wear a jersey tomorrow, May 17th- donations will be accepted to go towards the Brodie McCarthy scholarship fund
- Meatloaf and roasted vegetables today provided by the Cooking Together program for students lunch
- “Welcome to Kindergarten” is this evening- 6 p.m. for incoming students
- Consents for those participating in Track and Field due in to Mr. Power and Ms. Scully
- Check out our birds-eye-view painting of Georgetown in main lobby of school- thanks for installing it Blair Shaw!
- Last day to get Grade 8 Travel tickets for final month of fundraising- Draw for $500 will be tomorrow May 18th
Parents and community members,
Georgetown School recently had a birthday, on April 14th it turned 60 years old. On April 14, 1958 Georgetown School as we know it today opened its doors. There have been a lot of changes over the years and we would like to hear stories and see any interesting artifacts from past years. Alumni and community members are invited to meet with current students and staff to write these stories down and use these moments as an opportunity for all to share and learn.
Please contact the school at 902-652-8970 to speak with Therese Mair to tell stories or arrange a time to meet and share memories. Thank you for your cooperation with this special project.
- Today is Day 1
- Welcome to staff guests Ms. Marie McGaugh and Erin Johnston
- Drama Club will meet on Thursday May 17th from 3:10-4:15 p.m.- performance at Variety Show June 14th
- Variety Show will gather to rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday’s from 4-5 p.m. until performance on June 14th at King’s Playhouse
- Students are asked to take home any winter items that may be left at the school..snow pants, hats, etc
- Track and Field will practice Wednesday May 16 after school until 4:00 p.m. (grades 5-8)
- Today is Day 6
- French Club today from 3:10- 4:00 p.m.
- Provincial Assessments for students in Grade 3 and Grade 6 in math and literacy this week and next
- “Welcome to Kindergarten” evening May 17th at 6 p.m.
- PJ day today for Kindergarten for showing positive behaviors and filling their “Gem Jar”
Parents and Guardians,
The Cooking Together Lunch Program will be restarting on Thursday May 17th. On the menu for the upcoming week is meatloaf and vegetables. Please fill out form that is being sent home Monday and return form indicating if you wish to would like to have this free meal for your child. We would like to see form returned as soon as possible to confirm numbers with Red Seal Chef Amil. Thank You
Mrs. Dalziel’s Kindergarten class has filled their Gem Jar once again. Positive behavior is rewarded in Kindergarten by have students drop gems into the gem jar…the jar is now full and the kindergarten students are invited to participate in P.J. day Monday May 14th by wearing their favorite pajamas to school.
Great Job Kindergarten!!!
- Today is day 4
- Please make staff guests Ms. Spingle, Ms. MacEwen, and Ms. Natasha welcome to G.E.S.
- Fish Friends presentation to grade 7 & 8
- Mr. David Trimble will be here tomorrow to complete art project in main hallway with grade 7 & 8
- Hot Dog Day Today!
- Variety Show- Georgetown has got Talent style, rehearsals will start today with Kerri and Jane from 4 p.m. till 5 p.m. in the gym, hope to see lots of participation from all grades!
- Today is Day 3
- Please make staff guests Mr. Miller and Natasha welcome to G.E.S.
- Track and Field first practice today after school- for grade 7 & 8 today only from 3:10-4:00 p.m.
- First meeting for the end of year Variety Show will be Thursday May 10th from 4-5 p.m. in gymnasium at school- sign up sheet is located outside office!!!
- Hot dog order forms due in today