- Today is Day 5
- “Cooking Together” culinary program will be preparing a free lunch for the entire school- Vegetable Pasta…mmmm
- Please welcome staff guests Logan Peters, Zack Gallison Tracy Powers and Dawn Martell to GES today
- Kathy Kiley will be here for the day today!
- Guitar Club will meet at lunch today for practice
- Ms. Scully and Ms. Dalziel’s classes will be celebrating 100 Days of School today with games and activities to learn about the #100 and mark their achievement of being in school for 100 days!
- Bonne Fete to Ms. Gullander-Drolet
Students in Ms. Dalziel’s Kindergarten class and Ms. Scully’s 1/2/3 are participating in the 100 Days of School celebration, which we will recognize on Thursday February 22nd. These students will participate in some games and activities to advance their learning around the number 100 and acknowledge the hard work they have completed to date.
Consent forms were sent home for Grade 7 & 8 students who are interested in participating in the exciting new program, “Cooking Together,” please sign and have your child return forms to office ASAP.
This pilot project culinary program is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn really useful skills and some kitchen basics while showcasing their talents by feeding their families and Georgetown School fellow students.
- PSB is operating on a 1 hr. delay
- Guitar Club will be held during lunch hour today
- Salmon are being fed for the first time today, we hope to see more activity!
- “Cooking Together” program had a very successful first day with muffins and blueberry smoothies offered to all students for morning snack
- Please welcome staff guests Lauren Gill and Zack Gallison
- “Cooking Together” program run by Amil Zavo with Grade 7 & 8 students will be feeding a free pasta lunch to all students Thursday February 22nd!
Congratulations to Denise LaVie, the winner of the Grade 8 Travel Raffle Ticket draw which was held today. Thanks for Ms. LaVie and all who supported our Grade 8 students by purchasing tickets. Her prize was $500! Next draw is being held on March 16, 2018, and we would appreciated your support when the Grade 8 students contact you!
Under the direction of Amil Zavo, the “Cooking Together” group is well under way. Students met today and created blueberry smoothies and muffins. The group will be preparing a pasta/vegetable dish for Thursday and this will be available, free of charge, for all students during the lunch break on that day. We extend our appreciation to Mr. Zavo and look forward to enjoying the students’ handiwork in the kitchen!
We are pleased to be able to share that the winner of the Going the Extra Mile Award this year is Principal Trevor. The award was presented today by Parker Grimmer and the PEI Home and School Federation in a surprise presentation in front of the school, Mayor Lavandier and Councillors, GES Home and School executive, the entire student body and local MLA Steven Myers.