- Today is Day 6
- Please make staff guests Zack Gallison and Cale MacDonald welcome to GES
- Provincial Assessments continue for grade 3 and grade 6 today
- Track and Field Meet cancelled today due to rain- Meet will be rescheduled for Tuesday May 29
- Hoping to get orders back from those students interested in having Chicken Pot Pie from Cooking Together Thursday
Charlottetown Police Services is hosting a Bike Rodeo event for children ages 8–12 and their families.
A bicycle rodeo is an interactive lesson that teaches children the skills and basics riding a bicycle safely. The Bike Rodeo will be held on May 26 from 10 am to 4 pm at Simmons Sports Centre (170 North River Road). The event will include bike check-ups, a bike rodeo, a free BBQ, and information booths on cycling safety. Pre–registration is required for this free event and available online. For additional information email Stephen at email@example.com or call 902-629-4172.
- Welcome back after a long Victoria Day weekend
- Track and Field practice today from 3:10-4:00
- Track and Field meet tomorrow at UPEI for grade 5-8 who are participating
- Welcome to staff guest Zack Gallison
- No variety show practice today at school, please practice at home and next practice at the school will be Thursday May 24th from 4-5 p.m.
- Chicken Pot Pie provided by “Cooking Together” Thursday May 24th- please return forms indicating if you wish your child to have this free meal ASAP
- GES raised $62 to go towards the Brodie McCarthy scholarship fund- thanks to all who donated
Prize/Cash Fundraising Event for Georgetown Home and School.
Money raised will go towards Home and School Projects.
–Canteen Services will be available
–Children 10 + must be accompanied by an Adult
💥6 up $10
💥3 up $5
Big congratulations going out to our Hornet Pick of the Week for May 18. The deserving Hornet this week is Lexy W. from Ms. Dalziel’s kindergarten class. Lexy has been doing a wonderful job with her bicycle safety and walking her bike across the crosswalk in the mornings and after school. Great Job Lexy!
- Welcome to Kindergarten last night was a great success, Thanks to staff who stayed late and made new students feel welcome to GES
- Wear a Jersey Day is today- lots of students are wearing a jersey to show support for Brodie McCarthy
- No School Monday May 21- Victoria Day
- Check back for Hornet Pick of the Week today
- This afternoon will be the last draw for Grade 8 Travel- Good Luck ticket buyers, and great effort by grade 8 students who committed to selling these tickets all year- $500 draw will be made this afternoon
To: Parents and Guardians
Re: Jersey Day to Support Brodie McCarthy
Date: Friday May 18, 2018
Students are invited to wear a jersey of any type on Friday May 18th to show support for Montague Regional High School student Brodie McCarthy. Donations of $1 or any amount will be accepted and go towards the scholarship fund being created in memory of Brodie McCarthy.