HOME & SCHOOL NEWS, December 2019
2020 Extra Mile Award:
- Nominate a deserving school staff individual for recognition by the PEI Home and School Federation. Submissions deadline: January 15. Find more information at: Extra Mile Award of the Year | firstname.lastname@example.org | 902-620-3186
School Staff Appreciation Week 2020:
- School staff will be celebrated across Canada February 10-14, 2020. Form a Home and School Staff Appreciation committee to make plans for showing appreciation to school staff for the contributions they make to our children and their education. Keep plans simple! A little appreciation goes a long way!
President’s Annual Reports due February 28:
- Presidents are asked to submit an Annual Report on your Home and School’s activities for this school year. Start your report early and record Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec. activities and in January, add all upcoming events/discussions to the end of June. Send reports to the office for inclusion in the 2019 Annual Book of Reports. Need assistance? Contact Shirley at: 902-620-3186 | 1-800-916-0664 | email@example.com
67th Annual Meeting & Convention:
- Mark your 2020 calendar. PEI Home and School Federation’s 67th Annual Meeting & Conference, Saturday, April 18 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown, PEI.
Health and Wellness Catalyst Grants:
- Federation staff and board members can assistance and tips on chairing meetings, organizing committees, proper finances reporting, drafting resolutions, recording minutes and more. Contact the office to set up a meeting. 902-620-3186 | 1-800-916-0664 | firstname.lastname@example.org
School Food discussed in the legislature:
Education Minister, Hon. Brad Trivers promises P.E.I. school food program for fall 2020
Best wishes of the holiday season
to you and your family!
Prince Edward Island Home and School Federation Inc.
Shirley Smedley Jay, Executive Director
PO Box 1012 Charlottetown PE C1A 7M4
Street deliveries only: 40 Enman Crescent C1E 1E6
Phone: 620-3186 Fax: 620-3187
Toll Free: 1-800-916-0664 (PEI only)
Follow us on:
“A school needs to be a place for all children, not based on the idea that they are all the same, but that they are all different.”
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.”Martin Luther King, Jr.
Colonel Gray is hosting an event Thursday evening titled:
“My Child’s Social Journey Through High School”
Click the link below for more infomation.
My Child’s Social Journey Though High School