Outdoor adventure club:
- The outdoor adventure club will meet at 12:15 in Mr. Dohoo’s room 237 to discuss this week’s outing. New members are always welcome.
Duke of Edinburgh
- Ms.Dunn wants to say congratulations to all of the students who completed the Adventurous Journey bike ride Thursday and Friday. We had cold, wind, and rain and the students persevered! A big thanks to Mr.Murphy, Ms.MacNevin, and Ms. Michelle MacDonald for all of your work.
- Recipe In A Jar fundraiser is underway. Let’s make sure we hit our goal of 2000 jars sold. For every jar sold, a meal is donated to a local charity. Let’s get those 2000 meals!!! Prizes for the top seller and top three classes in each grade. Tomorrow will be our first check in for sales of PAPER FORMS, so please have that total for your homeroom teacher.
- Grade 9 band meets tomorrow morning at 7:45 for rehearsal
- It was a great weekend for volleyball! Thanks to the coaches, parents and fans for their support over the weekend.
- Birchwood had 31 girls participating in the Queen Charlotte tournament this weekend! BW2 defeated the 1st place team in round robin play to advance to the semi finals, while the BW1 team finished 1st in their pool and handily defeated the 4th place team to advance to their semifinals. Hard fought games for both AA teams – but fell short in the semi finals. The A team won their first set! They played their first games ever and lost in the semi final of the A division by 3 points. A solid effort by all!
- The boys team went to ME Callaghan and came home with a team award “Most Enthusiastic Team” – a first for the Cobras since 1991!
- Boys practice @3:15
- Thanks to all the Cobras who came out to the UPEI games yesterday. It was a great afternoon of soccer!
- AA Girls practice 3-4:30. 2 games this week: Tues @ QC and Wed @ Hernwood. We need one or 2 more volunteers to drive to Hernwood. Thanks in advance!
Girls Field hockey:
- Practice 3:00 – 4:30
- Provincials Oct. 19th at Mill River