Birchwood’s June Newsletter is out:
Earlier Newsletters can be found here:
As you know, Birchwood Teacher, Frances Ann Squire has been awarded the 2019 Prime Minister’s Award (PMA) for Teaching Excellence. This is the national-level award which means that Frances Ann is among the best teachers in Canada. Having a teacher win a PMA, particularly the national-level award, is a tremendous honour and a proud moment for our school, its students and their parents. In fact, Frances Ann is one of only ten national winners to receive this award this year. The complete list of 2019 recipients is available at www.pma.gc.ca.
You can watch Frances Ann receive her award at the time and link below.
May 28, 5:00 PM Atlantic time
Once again a big congratulations to Frances Ann,
“Once a Cobra always a Cobra!”
Grade 9 Semi Dance:
- The girls turned in a solid effort yesterday, coming from behind in the 7th to force extra innings, ultimately ending up on the losing end of a 4-3 score in what was a very close game.
- There will be a meeting this morning at break upstairs on grade 7 floor in rm 304
- Bring your snacks, ladies!
Girls Flag Football
- Girls AA flag football team extended their unbeaten record to 5-0 yesterday against EWS and The Mount. Keep up the fantastic effort girls.
- Awesome turnout at wrestling today! Absolute last call to order shirts. The order is being placed today. Keegan Murphy and Jenson Beach, please see Ms. Morrison
Swim day today for those students who participate in the CARI swim program. Teachers, please allow those students to leave class at 9:10.
Grade 9 Semi Dance:
- Grade 9 band Friday morning, 7:45
Girls Flag Football:
- Girls A flag football won 2 of 3 games last night! The team played exceptionally well. Special shout out to Margarite and Lauren for they played awesome. Practice today from 3:15 – 4:00
- Girls AA: Good luck to Girls AA team in their games today. Please dismiss girls at 2:50 so they can be at the field on time.
- Boys AA practice indoors 3-4 practice will be strictly running routes and cardio bring water!
- Please get your athletic fees in to your coaches.
Wrestling today! 3 – 4:30
- At this point, we DO NOT have enough orders for t-shirts. Please confirm your order with Ms. Morrison.
- Meeting at break upstairs grade 7 room 304 – yes again!
- Important meeting re: make up games
- Players and call ups must attend. Bring your snacks ladies!!
- Swim day tomorrow for those who participate in the CARI swim program. Please remember to bring your swim bag.