Because of a conflict, Birchwood Home & School Meeting has been changed to April 4, 6:30.
A reminder that the grade 9 students will be taking part in the Signals of Suicide (SOS) program within the next couple of weeks. This program uses interactive discussions and a short video to safely explore the topic of suicide with youth, outlining warning signs for suicide and ways to seek help for themselves and their peers when they are in distress or crisis. This program is offered to all Grade 9 students across PEI and is part of the Grade 8-9 Health Curriculum.
The program will be led by Pat Doyle, CMHA’s Suicide Prevention Coordinator, and supported by the school’s counsellor and youth worker. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact your school counsellor at email@example.com or Ms. Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also find out more about CMHA’s programs and services by visiting their website at www.pei.cmha.ca
Important Dates for Gr 10 Registration
- April 4th – Parent Information Sessions.
- Charlottetown Rural – 7:00 pm.
- Colonel Gray – 6:00 pm EAL, 7:00 pm
- April 8th – Student Registration Information Session; 1:00 pm (Birchwood Jr. High)Representatives from both Ch Rural and Col Gray will be on hand to speak to students.
- April 15th – Student Registration Forms Due (Parent/guardian signature required and Returned to Birchwood homeroom teachers).
- April 17th – Registration Day. Completed through Birchwood home room classes. Incomplete/unsigned registrations will not be processed. Rural and Col Gray staff will be on-site at Birchwood to address any parental concerns regarding registration appointments arranged through Birchwood homeroom teachers
OurSCHOOL Survey :
- Parents! The OurSCHOOL survey closes at the end of the day! March 15! Express your views on your child’s experience at home and at school, on topics such as communication between school staff and parents, homework, school support for your child’s learning, and inclusion and safety at school. Check your email for the survey link!
- Deadline for ordering yearbooks is TODAY!
- We have over 200 sold so far. Don’t wait as no additional yearbooks can be ordered after March 15
- Cost is $30 and you can order your yearbook 3 ways:
- From our school website, Birchwood Yearbook Orders,
- Email money transfer it to email@example.com. If you email money transfer please include in note, it is for yearbook, & your son or daughters name.
- Pay in the office
Spring volleyball :
- Boys Gr 7 & 8 – get a notice from Mr. MacVicar or Ms. Morrison in the gym.
- Girls Gr 7 & 8 – please see Ms. McGeoghegan
Grade 9 Girls Spring Volleyball:
- All Grade 9 Girls interested in playing Spring volleyball at Charlottetown Rural should contact Ellie Beck – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please return your overdue library books.
- PEI school food project contest- art submissions due today.
March Break :
- There will be no classes from March 18 to March 22
- Classes resume on Monday March 25. It will be day 2
- Students, enjoy your break!