Home and School News, May 2021
- It’s time to Register for the AGM!
Register today! Invite others in your school community to register!
Who can attend? Everyone is welcome….parents…administrators …. other school staff …. bus drivers…. students!
Is your school represented? Presidents/principals, ensure your school is represented!
What is the date/time? We are less than 14 days away to the AGM on:
Monday, May 10, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
Education Update Hon. Natalie Jameson, Minister Education and Lifelong Learning will bring an update from her department.
Resolutions Your proposed 2021 resolutions will be discussed.
Workshops When you register, sign up for a workshop:
#1. Student Well Being
#2. School Food
#4. Curriculum/Report Cards
Zoom link This meeting will be held virtually. Zoom links will be emailed to all registrants by Friday, May 7th.
Find more details: Click here to REGISTER for AGM 2021
- School Bus Driver Awards
Home and Schools can submit School Bus Driver Award nominations to email@example.com up to May 7th. As students, parents and school staff to write support letters to include in the Home and School’s nomination package. Find details at: https://peihsf.ca/awards
- Welcome to Kindergarten, Spring 2021
Elementary schools have organized a Welcome To Kindergarten event for their incoming students, fall 2021. The specifics will be communicated to families by your child’s school. At the event families will receive early literacy resources and meet school staff. Click here to find the 2021 Welcome to Kindergarten schedule
- School Calendar 2021-2022
Next year’s school calendar has been finalized and posted online.
- Public Schools Branch
The Board of Directors of the Public Schools Branch will hold a regular meeting on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. Members of the public are welcome to attend via Webex virtual platform. If you wish to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-368-6850 to receive the link to join the meeting.
Memory-keepers! In 75 years from now, people will be looking back, reading Home and School Annual Reports, and they’re going to say, ‘Look at the resilience of school communities in 2020-2021 during the COVID-19 global crisis!’ Home and School Presidents/Co-chairs are continuing to send in reports for inclusion in the online version of the 2021 Annual “Historical” Book of Reports. Send to Shirley at: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Graduates, Community Foundation of PEI – The application deadline, May 1st, is quickly approaching. Scholarships are open to students graduating from Island high schools this year as well as some which are open to students presently studying at a post-secondary institution. Find more details at https://cfpei.ca/scholarships/.
- Community Foundation of PEI, Grant Applications due May 1st. Community grants addressing a wide range of causes from poverty reduction to Island arts and culture and many others are available to PEI-based, non-profit organizations with registered charitable status. More details on the community grants can be found at https://cfpei.ca/community-grants/.
- Canadian Children’s Book Week, May 2 – 8, 2021“Readers take flight” – Bring the magic of books and reading to children across Canada. Schools, libraries, bookstores and community centers will host events during this major literary festival. Find more at: https://bookweek.ca/
- SUMMER TUTORING – The Learning Disabilities Association of Prince Edward Island has been offering tutoring for several years. All tutoring is delivered by tutors who are certified to teach on P.E.I. and is offered one to one. Cost is $30 per one–hour session. To register please go to; – http://ldapei.ca/community-tutoring-programs.html If you have any questions, contact Martin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home and School News, April 2021
A new Health PEI program will provide early intervention for children who are awaiting an autism assessment from a psychologist. The Social ABCs is for children between the ages of 12 and 36 months. The Social ABCs program, for children between ages 12 and 36 months, has been successful in other parts of Canada. Parents have seen a significant increase in positive affect-sharing and social communication in toddlers. Click for Autism Assessments details.
Public Schools Branch – Info for Parents and Students (Live Links)
– Helping Children Cope With Threats – Tips for Families and Educators
– Pediculosis (Head Lice) Management Protocol (August 2018)
~~Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds OutClass = Giving away a FREE outdoor classroom: 20 student desk/seats, a teacher podium and an outdoor chalkboard, shipped and set up free for the winning school. Requires 2 simple steps: 1. Click on this live link to register to receive a ballot. 2. Submit the ballot (this will need to be approved by the principal).