Grade 9 Trip Travel Update

Hi Everyone,

As most of you are aware the weather is deteriorating quickly.  We will have lots of fresh powder on the tubing hills in Val-Cartier tonight.

That being said, school administration, Target Tours, and the PSB have discussed our plan to deal with what looks like two days of bad weather and potentially dangerous roads. Stonepark students and chaperones will be staying in the Quebec City area both tonight and Friday night.  The risk is too great to venture out only to be stuck on the side of the highway during a major winter storm.

The costs of the additional nights lodging and meals will be covered by trip insurance, for those who purchased it.  For those who did not, families will be responsible to pay those costs.  The cost for similar circumstances two weeks ago for Birchwood students was approximately $70.  If there are additional activities with a cost associated, students will be responsible for those costs.

We hope you understand and appreciate our decision to ensure the safety of all students and staff.

Thanks for your support!
Michael Smith
VP Stonepark

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.