Wednesday – Day 5

Valedictorian:
If any student wishes to be the valedictorian at our grade nine closing ceremony, please see Mrs. Kirkland or Ms. Bruce for an application.  Speeches must be submitted by May 24th.  Selected candidates will audition on Thursday, May 30th.  Students will present their speech to a small panel of teachers at that time.

Duke of Edinburgh:
A friendly reminder of the Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony is tonight at Holland College at 7pm. Students are to arrive at 6:15pm.

Gauss Math Test today:
Would all Grade 7 and 8 students who are taking part in the Gauss math contest please go to the cafeteria at 9:00 after DPAP. Students are to bring 2 sharp pencils, an eraser, a piece of loose leaf/scrap paper and a calculator.

School Newspaper:
Meets today and tomorrow – same time, same place – bring your lunch.

Green Team:
Will meet today (Wednesday) at 1:00 in the multipurpose room. All class reps are to attend for information on an upcoming field trip.

Coding Club:

The coding club will meet today at 12:20 in Mrs. Reynard’s room.

Band:
All meat orders were due yesterday.  Please bring any remaining orders to the band room after announcements.  Orders are being sent in later today.

All grade 9 band hoodie orders were due yesterday.  Students will be around at reading period today to collect late payments.

Receipts for intermediate and senior band camp payments can be picked up in the office today.
THERE WILL BE A VERY IMPORTANT GRADE 9 BAND REHEARSAL TODAY FROM 12:30-1:15.  Students are asked to note the change in time and be sure to attend this final rehearsal before we leave on our trip tomorrow!

Grade 9 percussionists (Zaneta, Abby, Katie, Lindsay) are asked to meet Mrs. Peters in the band room at 2:30 to pack equipment for the band trip.

Oak Acres Counsellor In Training:
If your interested in becoming a Counsellor in Training for “Oak Acres”, please see Neil or Ashley in Student Services.

Yearbooks:
Have you purchased your yearbook yet? Time is running out. There are a few copies left to be sold. To order your copy, please see Mrs. Gallant, upstairs in grade 7, or you can use the link on our school website to make an online purchase. Cost of the yearbook is $35. Don’t be disappointed in June. Order your copy today!

Drama:
Drama club will NOT be practicing Thursday after school.

Semi:
Grade 9 semi tickets are being sold tomorrow (Thursday) of this week in the lobby at lunchtime for $20.00 each.                       Please note:
If you are bringing a guest that is not a grade nine student at Stonepark you will need to register them when you buy the ticket.

Band Camp forms:         
The Intermediate and Senior levels are now available in the band room and on the band blog. All grade 7, 8 and 9 band students are encouraged to attend. This year’s camp is being held here at Stonepark from August 19th-24th.

Girls Softball Team:
The Girl’s Softball team got off to a great start to the year by defeating East Wiltshire 7-2.  Sydney Lawlor was the winning pitcher with 4 strikeouts. Veteran Lindsey Drover was 2-2 with a walk and 3 runs scored. Zoe Stewart was 1-2 with a walk and Kezlee Yorston had 2 walks. The girl’s next game is against Queen Charlotte Friday at 4:30 at the Q.E. field. There will be no practice today or tomorrow because of the weather.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.