Monday – Day 5

Cafeteria:
Poutine, small white milk – $5.50
Mac& Cheese = $5.00

****
Christmas Dinner will be served on December 19thAll orders and money – $6.50, have to be in by Dec. 14th.  The meal will consist of:  Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, Veggies, Small white milk, & Dessert.
Tickets will go on sale starting today – until Dec. 14th

Coding Club:
Attention Coding Club members.  The meeting scheduled for today (Day 5) is rescheduled as Mrs. Reynard is out at a workshop.  The next meeting will take place tomorrow, Tuesday December 4 at 12:20 in Mrs. Reynard’s room.

Hockey Fights Cancer:
The Pownal Taco Boyz Midget AAA Red Devils invite all students to attend a special “Hockey Fights Cancer” game Monday night in Pownal vs. Mid-Isle. There will also be some symbolic gestures to pay tribute to those that are fighting, or have fought, the cancer battle. Admission for students is $2 with all proceeds go to the Canadian Cancer Society!  Game time is 7:40 with a ceremonial puck drop beforehand.

Stonepark’s Got Talent:
It is that time once again to prepare for this year’s Stoneparks Got Talent.  We are calling on all singers, dancers, artists, poets you name it for this years Stoneparks Got Talent.  If you are interested please sign up outside the Learning Center.  Downstairs outside Grade 8.

School Newspaper:
The School Newspaper team will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, December 4th, in our usual place. Also, if there is anyone (student or teacher) who would like to submit either a piece of artwork, cartoon, or poem for our next issue, please do so by this Friday, December 7th to Mrs. Burry or someone you know is on the Newspaper team. It would be fitting if it was about winter or any December holiday.

Veggie Box orders: A reminder to Grade 9 students who are selling Veggie Boxes that the forms and money needs to be returned to the office by this Friday December 7th.

Band:
There will be a grade 7 band rehearsal today from 12:35-1:15 pm
The cookie dough is scheduled to be delivered at 1:00 and can be picked up by students before dismissal or by parents from 3:00-5:00 in the cafeteria. *Because the cookie dough is perishable, we can’t store orders that are not picked up at school. Boxes that are not picked up by 5:00 will be donated to the food bank. Thank you to everyone who supported this fundraiser.
Prizes will be presented at the Christmas concert on December 13th.

Boys AA Basketball:
The AA boys basketball team played in a shorten Summerside Tipoff Tournament on the weekend and went 2-0 ….in their 1st game against ME Callaghan a 48-35 win the leading scorers were Kalon MacDonald-Wood 16 points , Willis Bulger 16 points and Owen Headley with 4 points ……in their 2nd game versus Summerside the boys went down 10 early before coming back to tie it at 35 at the end of regulation… in overtime they outscored their opponent 10-4 to win 45-39… the leading scorers were Kalon MacDonald-Wood 26 points, Owen Headley 7 points and Willis Bulger with  6 points

Girls AA Basketball:
It was a strong start to the season for the AA girls basketball team, as they won both of their games on Saturday in the Summerside Tipoff tournament. The girls came out with dominating defense in both contests, opening up huge leads.  Against East Wiltshire they opened up with a 27-0 lead and won 50-9, Abby MacDonald was named player of the game.  In their second game against Summerside they came out and were ahead 21-0, finishing with a 47-25 victory.  Sydney Lawlor was named game star.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.