PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN A CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
- All applicants, as part of their process to seek employment with the Public Schools Branch, shall submit to a Criminal Records Check including the Vulnerable Sector inquiry.
- New employees must provide a Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector inquiry completed no more than 90 days prior to beginning their employment with the Public Schools Branch.
- Substitute employees who reactivate their application annually will be required to provide an updated Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector inquiry every two years.
- You must make application, in person, to the local police authority closest to your residence. Available application locations are as follows:
- Applicants living in the Charlottetown area are to apply at CS ID and Fingerprinting Solutions Inc. or Safran Morpho/Global ID Services.
- Applicants living in Queens County outside the Charlottetown area can apply at their nearest RCMP detachment with their CRC form letter completed.
- Applicants living in the City of Summerside can apply at Summerside Police Services.
- Applicants living in the Town of Kensington can apply at Kensington Police Services.
- Applicants living in Kings County, or in Prince County outside Summerside or Kensington, can apply at their nearest RCMP detachment with their CRC form letter completed.
- Proof of identification is required at the time of application for a Criminal Record Check
- A fee may apply to process a Criminal Record Check
- A Criminal Record Check may require a few days to several weeks to process
- A Criminal Record Check must be obtained in person.
- The original copy of the Criminal Record Check must be submitted to the Public Schools Branch when requested. The original will then be photocopied and returned to the applicant, if requested.
- Custodian/Cleaner applicants are not required to submit a criminal record check until they have been invited for training.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are requested to provide a letter to have your Criminal Record Check processed, print this CRC Form Letter and fill in your name on the first line in the space provided.