PEI’s Public Schools Branch offers a variety of employment opportunities, both permanent and casual. We invite you to create a personal Jobs PEI account and submit an application today or in the future.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application to apply, however other methods are available as noted below.
To register for a Jobs PEI account:
- Visit Jobs PEI at www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Click on My Job Account (left grey menu bar), then click on the blue Register button (or click on Register in the grey common menu bar at the top of the page.)
- Complete the New Registration screen then click the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your profile information. There are multiple tabs on the My Application screen. All required fields should be completed. Filling in each area with as much information as possible will help ensure the correct screening of your application. Remember to click Save in the top right corner as you complete each tab.
- Under the My Resume tab you can also upload multiple versions of resumes and cover letters. This way you can attach specific resumes and cover letters when applying for different competitions.
- Once your application is complete, logout by clicking Log out (upper right corner), or view current job postings by clicking on Job Opportunities (left grey menu bar). Available positions with the PSB appear under the section titled Public Schools Branch Job Opportunities.
To log in to your Jobs PEI account:
To apply for a posted position online or to update your Jobs PEI account, click on My Job Account (left grey menu bar) then click on the blue Log in button (or click on Log in in the grey common menu bar at the top of the page).
- To access an existing account, click on the Log in button, enter your e-mail address and password when prompted, then click on Sign in. (Anyone who does not already have an account can create one by clicking on Register and following the steps provided (above).
- To browse available opportunities posted with the Public Schools Branch, click on Job Opportunities (left grey menu bar), then click on the category of postings you wish to view under the heading Public Schools Branch Job Opportunities. Select a posting you would like to view by putting a checkmark in the box beside that posting, then scroll to the bottom of the job posting page and click Select Job Opening.
- When re-directed to the personal information tab of My Job Account, verify or update your information as desired; then click the Save button (right hand side). Repeat this process for as many competitions as you wish to apply for.
- Once you have finished selecting the job postings you are interested in, click on the My Posting tab. From the list that appears, select the job postings you wish to apply for by clicking on the check box to the left of the job title(s).
- If desired, attach a resume and/or cover letter (if uploaded to the My Resume tab) by clicking on Attach Resume and selecting a resume and/or cover letter from the drop down lists(s).
- Click Apply Now (right side of screen) to submit your application. A declaration window will appear, prompting you to indicate that the information you’ve provided is truthful and provided in good faith. By clicking I agree on this window, you will have completed the process of applying for the job posting(s) you selected. The jobs you have applied for can be tracked under the My History tab.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail verifying the receipt of your application. If you do not receive this e-mail, contact 902.368.6990 and ask to speak with Human Resources regarding on-line application confirmation.
Alternative Methods to Apply for a Job with the Public Schools Branch
Complete and deliver a Public Schools Branch Application for Employment
To submit by e-mail, send to: email@example.com
- To submit by mail, address to:
Public Schools Branch
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 8600
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8V7
- To submit by facsimile: 368.8890
To confirm receipt of fax, call 902.368.6990 and ask for Human Resources regarding fax application confirmation.
Please note that when e-mailing, faxing, or mailing an application for a specific competition, it must arrive at our location prior to the closing date/time. If your application arrives late, it will be considered late.
To submit In person:
- Deliver your completed application to the Public Schools Branch, 2-234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford, PE. Copies of the application form can also be obtained from this location.
Inclusion of the specific Posting/Competition Number on each application form submitted is essential. Your application cannot be considered without it.