Educational organizations across PEI and Canada are participating to promote copyright awareness and promote the use of www.FairDealingDecisionTool.ca. Fair dealing is a provision in the Copyright Act that permits the copying of short excerpts from print materials, artistic works, or audiovisual materials for students without needing to obtain copyright permission. Educators, parents and students, for more information on what can be copied, click here.
Teacher and Staff appreciation week is the time of the year where students as well as parents thank teachers and other school staff for their hard work and support. The Public Schools Branch also wants to thank our teachers and staff for their incredible efforts.
We thank our teachers and staff for everything they do each and every day to improve the lives of those entrusted in their care. We truly appreciate all the time and energy they devote to young people and their profession. Their efforts make the school experience more enjoyable and pleasant for students.
The work our teachers and staff do creating wonderful learning environments inspires students to be the best they can be.
If you are considering Late French Immersion in September, 2020 you are invited to attend an information meeting to learn about the program. On Prince Edward Island, this is a program offered at the intermediate level, beginning at grade seven.
Grade Seven Late French Immersion program is currently offered in Stonepark Intermediate, East Wiltshire Intermediate, Birchwood Intermediate, Queen Charlotte Intermediate, Kensington Intermediate Senior High.
When: Registration for Late French Immersion will be open until February 28. Registration forms will be available at each of the information sessions.
Where: Information sessions will be held at each school. The dates are listed below.
Monday, February 3, 7 p.m. (Storm Date – February 4)
East Wiltshire Intermediate
Wednesday, February 5, 7 p.m. (Storm date – February 6)
Monday, February 10, 7 p.m. (Storm Date – February 11)
Queen Charlotte Intermediate
Wednesday, February 12, 7 p.m. (Storm Date – February 13)
Kensington Intermediate Senior High
Tuesday, February 18, 7 p.m. (Storm date – February 19)
Are you interested in joining our dynamic team at the PSB?
We are currently looking for a Temporary Full-Time Property Services Coordinator
Apply online at Jobs PEI.
Parents/Guardians were asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 18-22, 2019. If you were unable to register during this time, please contact your child’s local elementary school during work hours to register.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2020 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400). Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring a piece of Government issued ID verifying proof of child’s age. Examples are:
- Birth Certificate
- PEI Health Card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held at schools in the spring of 2020.
If you are registering your child for French Immersion, or looking for more information on the French program, please see the following information:
- French Immersion Schools and Zones (409 KB)
- French Immersion Programs on Prince Edward Island FAQ (394KB)
- Information for parents/guardians Considering French Immersion (671 KB)