- What schools are impacted by rezoning?
- Birchwood Intermediate
- Cardigan Consolidated
- Donagh Regional
- Glen Stewart Primary
- Parkdale Elementary
- Prince Street Elementary
- Queen Charlotte Intermediate
- Spring Park Elementary
- Jean Elementary
- Stratford Elementary
- Stonepark Intermediate
- West Kent Elementary
- West Royalty Elementary
- How do I know which school my address is zoned for?
Letters have been given to students from every school listed above on April 25, 2017.
The letters will outline where the student will go to school next year.
Parents are asked to verify the student’s current address.
All letters must be returned by May 1st.
- My child received a letter but doesn’t attend one of the schools listed above. Why?
Another letter is for students not attending one of the 13 schools above but is attending a school out of zone.
These students will be brought back to the school they are zoned for.
Visit here to view the new rezoning maps.
- How do I request a student transfer for my child to attend a school outside our zone?
The Student Transfer Procedure and Application Forms are available on the PSB website:
- Will I receive information about how to register my child at his/her new school?
Schools will assist in the process of registering students.
- Which high school will my child attend in 2017 – 2018?
Students will attend the high school that their intermediate school feeds into. The Charlottetown area high school attendance zone will be reviewed to determine where students will attend high school in subsequent years.
- When will the rezoning changes take effect?
- How do I get information on my child’s new school?
Transition teams will create opportunities to visit and tour new schools for students who are changing schools.
- Will bussing for my child change?
Work is proceeding on bus routes. This information will be available in the coming weeks.
- Will all the Charlottetown intermediate schools offer the same programs such as band, athletics and French Immersion, etc.?
All Charlottetown intermediate schools will offer similar programs.
- What is a Transition Team?
Transition teams are groups that work together to provide leadership, coordination and support during the transition. The Transition Teams include principals, school staff, the Director of the Public Schools Branch and Branch staff from the following areas: Policy and Planning, Student Services, Finance, Human Resources, Corporate Services, Accounting, Maintenance, Transportation and the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture.
- If I have a question, who should I talk to?
Contact the Public Schools Branch: 902-368-6990 or your current school principal.