The Board of Directors of the Public Schools Branch will be hosting a special meeting on Friday, April 12, 2019, 3:15 p.m. at the Battery Point Room, Stratford Town Hall, 234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford.
This special meeting is being held to appoint a new member of the Public Schools Branch Hearing Committee. Members of the public are welcome to attend. Please call 902-368-6850 for additional information.
We encourage all staff and students to wear green on Monday, April 8 to support Green Shirt Day and the Humboldt Broncos victims, survivors and families. Logan Boulet, a 21 year old defenceman, was one of the Humboldt Broncos players who did not survive the crash, but was able to save six people’s lives by organ donation.
Green Shirt Day is an opportunity for all Canadians to show their support to the Humboldt Broncos and to inspire Canadians to register as organ donors.
The Public Schools Branch has developed a draft of the following policy documents, and is interested in receiving feedback.
Naming of a School (policy)
School Review (policy, formally titled School Change)
The deadline for feedback is March 31, 2019 and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
A separate feedback email for each policy area, with the name of the policy in the subject line, is preferred.
The Public Schools Branch would like to remind parents of eligible kindergarten students for the 2019-2020 school year to register your children as soon as possible.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2019 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400). Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring a piece of government issued ID to verify proof of the child’s age. Examples may be:
- Birth Certificate
- PEI Health Card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held in the Spring of 2019.