As the Minister of Education and Lifelong Learning, Brad Trivers, announced in the PEI Legislature on November 26, 2020, the PSB’s Non-Medical Masks procedure has been updated.
Starting Monday, November 30 and in effect for at least two weeks, non-medical masks will be required for staff and students in grades 10-12 at all times indoors except for the following exemptions:
- When staff and students are able to physically distance within a classroom (6ft/2m);
- Eating or drinking;
- Participating in a physical activity (e.g. gym);
- Engaging in an activity which prevents them from doing so (e.g. playing a wind instrument); or
- When it poses a safety concern (e.g. welding)
- When a school assesses wearing a non-medical mask is not in the best interest of a student due to physical, medical or other factors.
UPDATE: If a student attends a school with Grades 10-12, but is in another grade, your school will provide further details on how the updated masking guidelines will affect them.
Additionally, all visitors to schools, k-12, are required to wear masks at all times while indoors.
The updated guidelines will be reviewed and a further update provided in early December.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support!
Public Schools Branch