The Public Schools Branch (PSB), which serves almost 20,000 students in 56 schools in Prince Edward Island, is experiencing island-wide shortages in a number of our employment categories. We are eagerly reaching out to people interested in exploring how their skills, talents, and training can be used to pursue a career or employment opportunity in the education sector.
Every position in the education sector plays a role in contributing to the success of our students and the strength of our system. A career with the Public Schools Branch can be rewarding in so many ways!
We will be hosting two Career Fairs in November. This will be an opportunity to network with a group of industry professionals and to learn where your skills, talents, and training might fit into our team of over 3500 employees across the province.
Did you know:
- With a class 1 or class 3 driving license (valid at least 5 years), a career as a bus driver might be an option.
- With the Human Services Qualification, we have ongoing needs for qualified personnel to work as Educational assistants (EAs).
- With 2 years of post-secondary education in a teachable subject, a person is eligible to be considered for substitute teaching (experience working with youth and French language capacity is an asset).
- With Grade 12 (or a GED), you could apply to join a school team as a cleaner.
- With Professional training as a specialist, (HEAR, EAL, Autism, OT, SLP, Psychologist, etc…), we need you!
We welcome you to come and learn about positions and careers currently available with the Public Schools Branch and the benefits of a career with us! As well, the PSB has many immediate casual employment openings that could lead to permanent career paths, or provide an opportunity to experience and explore potential employment paths. Areas of shortage include substitute teachers, educational assistants, school bus drivers, administrative assistants, and cleaners.
Drop in and join us! We look forward to talking with you!
Wednesday, November 6th, 1:00 – 7:00 pm
Stratford Townhall, 234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford
Thursday, November 21st, 1:00 – 7:00 pm
Holman Building, 250 Water Street, Summerside
(South Tower, rear entrance)
For further information, contact Alva Coade in our Human Resources Department at (902) 620-3452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.