Grade 9 students from Birchwood Intermediate, Queen Charlotte Intermediate, and Stonepark Intermediate brought home letters yesterday that confirmed which high school they will attend following completion of grade 9. Each letter indicated the student’s primary address and the high school they will be attending in September 2018.
You may know that a recommendation was made last year to review the catchment areas of Charlottetown high schools at a later date; however, there will be no change in these attendance zones for at least the next two school years.
In the Public Schools Branch, the elementary school that your child is zoned to attend determines the high school that he or she will attend. The following chart identifies the path students follow in Charlottetown area schools:
Elementary Zoned Schools to High School
- Donagh Regional to Charlottetown Rural High
- L.M. Montgomery Elementary to Charlottetown Rural High
- Sherwood Elementary to Charlottetown Rural High
- Stratford Elementary to Charlottetown Rural High
- Parkdale Elementary to Colonel Gray High
- Prince Street (down town area) to Colonel Gray High
- Prince Street (Hillsborough area) to Colonel Gray High
- Spring Park Elementary to Colonel Gray High
- St. Jean Elementary (downtown area to Colonel Gray High
- St. Jean Elementary (Hillsborough area) to Colonel Gray High
- West Kent Elementary to Colonel Gray High
- West Royalty Elementary to Colonel Gray High
Parents of Grade 9 students from these schools are asked to contact their school principal or the Public Schools Branch director, Parker Grimmer, if they have questions or concerns. Thank you for your support.