Contact Information:100 Darby Drive
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
Orders can now go in for the November menu.
Here are some important notes:
- The November menu begins on Monday, November 5th and ends on Friday, November 30th. Orders must be in by Sunday, November 4th at midnight.
- You will not be able to order unless your account has been paid for October.
- We are pleased to have Farmed Market and Butchery providing lunches for Wednesdays. Their lunches are available gluten-free.
- Free Milk Day which is offered by the School Milk Program will be on Thursday, November 15th. You can not order milk on the menu on this day but any child who wants milk on that day will receive it. Teachers will take classroom orders.
We have a supplier for our Wednesday lunches! The Farmed Market and Craft Butchery will be providing a homemade pasta and sauce with small meatballs (November 7th and 21st) and a grilled cheese sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread (November 14th and 28th). Their lunches come with fruit and a homemade cookie. The cost will be $4.50 per lunch. Gluten free options will be available with an additional cost of .50 cents ($5.00 per lunch).
These new menu offerings will appear on the November menu when it is posted.
We are planning for a service dog to come to Greenfield to assist a student.
An important part of the process is to inform the school community of the request and to receive input to ensure that all specific concerns are addressed. A letter went home with students yesterday to ask that if parents or guardians have any concerns or questions that they contact Mrs. Jay.
Here is a copy of the letter that was sent home:
Again this year, our Cross Country Team had great results at the zone meet. This means we have many students who will be running at the Provincial Cross Country Meet on October 20th. Here are the highlights:
- Novice Girls finished 1st overall with 11 of our girls finishing in the top 20.
- Novice Boys and Pre-Novice Girls were 2nd overall .
- Pre-Novice Boys were in 3rd place overall.
There are 32 Greenfield runners attending Provincials this year. Great work runners and Mrs. Webster – we are proud of you!
Students who are on our Greenfield Cross Country Team have been working hard with Mrs. Webster at noon practices to get ready for the run.
The Cross Country Zone Meet is at Cabot Park on Tuesday, October 9th. This is the day after the Thanksgiving Holiday so put it on your calendars!
The bus will leave Greenfield at approximately 9:00 AM and will return at about 12:30 PM (The raindate is Wednesday, October 10th). Here is the schedule for the Zones:
10:20 – Pre-novice Girls
10:45 – Pre-novice Boys
11:05 – Special Olympians
11:20 – Novice Boys
11:45 Novice Girls
As per the forms that parents signed and returned, those students who qualify will go to the Provincials on October 20th.
Ordering for HotLunches for October closes tonight at midnight.
This menu covers the dates of October 1st to November 2nd.
Hi, everyone, here are some notes for the coming week:
- HotLunches orders for October are due on Sunday night, September 30th. A reminder – if you have not paid for last month’s lunch orders yet, you will be unable to place an order.
- There is no school on Monday, October 1st as it is a Professional Development Day for teachers (School Goals).
- There are still some of our great Greenfield Home and School Calendars for sale in the school office. They are $10.00. They include all the school holidays and professional development days and are great way to keep track of everything happening.
- Picture Retakes will be done on November 20th for students who missed Picture Day or who would like to do re-takes.
- Thank you to all families who supported the Home and School fundraiser!
Enjoy your weekend!
The HotLunches Menu for October is now up and open for ordering. Here are some things to know:
1. This menu covers the dates of Monday, October 2nd to Friday, November 2nd. Be careful to scroll down and find the two days for November.
2. Ordering begins today and ends on Sunday, September 3oth at midnight.
3. Make sure you hit the “Place Order and Proceed” button at the very bottom of the page to ensure that your order is placed. It can be missed!
4. Tips for Toast appears on Friday, November 2nd.
5. We are following up on suggestions for healthy lunches for Wednesdays. Hopefully, we will have some news on this for next month.
6. Students that are in our new 2/3 Y class have been put in this class (Mrs. Milley) for ordering.