News from the Provincial Home and School
- Reminder to pay 2020-2021 Membership Fees
Remind your Home and School Association treasurer to pay 2020-2021 Home and School membership fees by Nov. 1st. Forms were mailed to presidents, mid-Sept. and is also available by clicking online or she/he may request by e-mailing the office at: email@example.com
- Parent Leadership Grants
Parent Leadership Project grants up to $1,000 are available to Home and School Associations. Projects are to focus on parent leadership and engagement in your school community. Click here for Application. Submit by the new submission deadline: Dec. 11, 2020. Need more info? Contact Shirley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recognition and Awards Programs 2021
Nominate deserving school staff, Home and School volunteers, school bus drivers, and school crossing guards for recognition by the P.E.I. Home and School Federation. 2021 submission deadlines apply. Extra Mile Award nominations are due Jan. 22nd. Click here to find more information.
- Effecting Change through Resolutions
It is useful and practical to effect change by using a formal resolution writing process. Parents and teachers are asked to consider presenting an issue in education that is affecting the learning success of students to influence change at the Provincial Level through the P.E.I. Home and School Federation’s advocacy policies (i.e. student wellness, curriculum needs, equity, diversity, student physical health, school bus safety, etc.). For reference, review the Federation’s Policy Manual. Submit 2021 resolutions by Jan. 31st to: email@example.com
- How can I sign up for the Healthy School Lunch Program?
Step 1: Sign up for the program at peischoolfood.ca.
Step 2: You will receive an email with a username and password.
Step 3: Log in at peischoolfood.ca and order meals for two weeks at a time. You must complete your order the Friday before each new cycle. Click here for more information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
- Start thinking about the annual Festive Wreath Exhibition! Open to children/youth, adults, groups, and businesses. Categories include child solo/children group/traditional/Green Living (recycled items), etc. ”Off The Wall” (non-traditional), sponsored by ‘The Dunes Gallery’. Use your imagination, and have fun. Drop off on Nov. 21 & 22, 1-3 pm at the Confederation Centre of the Arts. Entry fee $5. Wreaths will be on display at the Confederation Centre until Dec. 19. For info: 902-628-6141 / email@example.com
- Children Learn better when they move around class = Research suggests they may be on to something. As “Science of Us” has previously noted, exercise can act as a memory boost. A study published last year in Pediatrics found that allowing time for physical activity during lessons helped elementary-school students to do better in both math and language lessons. Click here for more info
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre = Each month CCBC brings a selection of Canadian books for children and teens. Click hereto see the full book list. Interested in learning more about some of amazing nominated creators? Watch one of the panels presented as a part of TIFA. Sign up to attend today! Enter here for a chance to win a copy of Pumpkinheads, written by Rainbow Rowell and illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks.
- Net-Zero = Province is looking for input and bold ideas from Islanders to help reach Net Zero energy use consumption by 2030. Reaching Net Zero will take cooperation from Islanders – community groups, businesses, and all levels of government. To submit ideas and for more info, visit: Net-Zero.
- FREE Parent Talk “Tears and Tandrums Understanding Frustration and Aggression” sponsored by PEI’s Early Childhood Development Association on Tuesday, November 4th at 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Feel free to share it far and wide, we hope to reach many families! To register, contact Megan – firstname.lastname@example.org or 368-1876 or by clicking here.