Here is news about some activities coming up in April:
- On Monday, April 8th, schools across Canada will be participating in Green Shirt Day. Last April, the tragic Humboldt Broncos bus crash impacted the entire country. One of the players, Logan Boulet, was able to save six people through organ donation. His gift showed there is always hope, even in times of great tragedy. Students can participate on April 8th by wearing a green shirt or a jersey in support of all those affected by the Broncos accident, and to honour Logan’s legacy of selfless giving.
- A Math Night will be held here at Greenfield Elementary on Tuesday, April 16th at 6:30 in the library. Parents hear much about the “new math” that students are learning. This will be an opportunity to hear about math instruction and the strategies children learn. David Costello, our Vice Principal, who has much experience and expertise in teaching math, will be joined by Mme. Kim Gallant and Ms. Lindsay Baillie. They will provide an engaging and informative evening for parents who would like to know what their children are learning and how to support them at home. Parents of children in all grades are welcome to attend.
- All orders for April HotLunches should be paid by tomorrow – Friday, April 5th.
- We are all wondering if the colder weather will ever come to an end! It has not left us yet – at least this week. We have had many students who have not been dressed well for the weather this week. Please take care to see that your child has what they need for the conditions.
- Professional Development Day on Friday, April 12th.