We have had a busy week at Greenfield with picture days and our Family Picnic. Next week is looking like a busy one as well. Here are some notes to remember:
- First of all, a big “Thank You” goes out to the parents who organized and helped with our Family Picnic. The weather held for us and we had a steady flow of children and parents enjoying the food and activities. This event would not have happened without some great effort by our Home and School and volunteers. Bravo!
- Our Breakfast Program begins on Monday, September 25th. Thank you to Robin and Crystal for coordinating this program. More volunteers are needed so please help out if you can.
- The HotLunches menu for October will be open on Sunday night and will be open for ordering until October 1st. It is a long month so reminders will be sent so parents do not forget to have orders in by the deadline. It will cover the period of October 2nd to November 3rd.
- Our fundraiser has begun. Packages with the Dieleman catalog have been sent home with students and we are hoping for great support for our Home and School. There are great items in the catalog and orders will arrive before our November Parent – Teacher Interviews. The fundraiser will go until October 10th and the dollars raised go to many activities and purchases for our school.
- Home and School Meeting on Tuesday, September 26th at 6:30 in the library. It is our first meeting of the year and all are welcome!
- Thursday, September 28th is the date for the Terry Fox School Run. We will be doing the run/walk here at Greenfield if weather permits. We are encouraging all children to bring a loonie for cancer research.
Have a wonderful weekend!