- Today is Day 2
- Welcome to staff guests and visitors to the school today including Ms. Mackenzie
- Today is x-country day at Island schools, We have many students competing at the elementary and intermediate level. Students in 3-6 Will be running at their home schools and students in 7 & 8 will be running in Charlottetown- Good Luck to all Georgetown Hornets!
- Greek Pasta Salad is the lunch feature of the day
- IHT for intermediate students today
- Field trip to Orwell Corner Historic Village is tomorrow- Weather is looking fantastic but don’t forget to pack lunch, drinks & jacket
- Welcome to the staff guest and visitors to our school today. Ms. Baker-Jackson, Ms. Charlene, Ms. Keel-Hale and the Student Well-being Team visitors, Nurse Sheri and Nurse Julianne
- Hand Hygiene presentations to all students today with their classes
- Consent for field trip to Orwell Corner due back
- Cross Country Day for schools is Thursday October 15. Intermediate x-country runners will now be running in Charlottetown on this date at UPEI. Stay tuned for more details
- Mexican Taco bowl from the PEI Healthy Lunch Program today
- No School Thanksgiving Monday- have a great long weekend everyone
- Today is Day 3
- Newsletter now available, please advise school if you would prefer to have a paper copy sent home by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a note in to office
- Wow, excellent job by our Georgetown Hornets Soccer Team- First time in a long time we have competed in the school league and the girls had so much fun gaining a competitive spirit and meeting other players across Kings County. Maria M-A was our goal scorer of the evening!
- The school wellness walks will return again this fall, once a week in the afternoons the cohorts will participate and get some exercise for the mind and body
- Writers wall is being created near the fountain to showcase all the amazing writing pieces that students are creating this year!
- Today is day Day 1
- Picture Day at Georgetown School
- National Teachers Day today..thanks to all teaching staff for all they do for our little people everyday
- Consents to attend Orwell Corner Historic Village on Oct 16 due back
- Terry Fox Fundraising was successful again this year..raising $605. Great Job Mr. Maund and Georgetown Hornets!
- Final regular season soccer game will be tomorrow at Jerry McCormack Field in Souris…Georgetown/Belfast vs. Souris
The importance of sport and recreation became clearer as we saw the loss of programming due to COVID-19 back in March. Slowly, thanks to the efforts of all Islanders, we have all started taking the steps to our new normal.
We believe in the power of sport, and now more than ever it’s important to ensure Island youth get the opportunity to participate in organized sport. Kids need sport and for the low income families that need is even greater.
Effective September 16th to December 31st, 2020, the criteria will be as follows:
|Number of Children||Net Annual Family Income|
|1||$40,000 or less|
|2||$42,000 or less|
|3||$44,000 or less|
|4||$46,000 or less|
|More than 4||Add $2000 for each additional child|
Additionally, the grant per child will be increased from $300 to $400.
- Today is Day 6
- School Photos happening Monday October 5-
- Hamburgers today for School Lunch Program
- Welcome to staff guest Ms. Marcy Lesperance
- Consent forms for field trip on October 16 to Orwell Corner Historic Village welcome back anytime
- x-country meet being held at Georgetown School October 15, 2020
- Wellness Walk will be returning today with the full school population participating in walks with their cohorts in the afternoon
- Happy Birthday Wishes to Carol Ann