- Welcome to visitors and guests to our school today including Ms. Laurie Bell
- After school activities today include Badminton tryouts from 3:15-4:30pm with Mr. Gallison for students in grade 5-8
- Last day to order pizza for tomorrow- Maroon Pig cheese or pepperoni pizza for $2.00 a slice
- Consents for school skate happening on Friday due back asap
- Consents for participating in Badminton practices and meet required by today
- Some of our KIND students from grades 2 and 3 in front of kindness bulletin board after the roll out of our new “Be Kind” program
Based on our most recent weather updates, weather and travel conditions in all areas of the province are forecast to remain reasonable until about supper time. Freezing rain is then expected to be a factor into the evening.
As such we will not be dismissing early in any area of the province, but all after school student related activities will be cancelled for this evening.
Change to milk and meal orders
We are trying to get some consistency with our milk and food orders. We have encountered some issues with parents just dropping money off in a lump sum to do for a period of time. This is difficult for teachers to track and there have been situations where orders have not been made.
We realize that it can be challenging to have money on hand at all times for orders, so we have come up with tokens that you can purchase for lunches and milk ahead of time. We have separate tokens for all the orders we have (white and chocolate milk, pizza, grilled cheese, and hot dogs). You can still pay with money each week.
We request that all orders be placed the last day of the week for the following week. There are orders form available from teachers or you can print one off from our website (there is a link at the top for lunch orders).
So here are the changes:
- Orders are due the last day of week for the following week.
- All orders need to be given to the classroom teacher.
- If you wish to purchase tokens ahead of time please see Lisa in the office. Tokens cannot be purchased from teachers.
- Pass in the tokens with the order form for each week (do not just given the pile of tokens to teachers).
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Sheryll.
- Winner of the Grade 8 Travel Draw for February was Anne Peters, Congratulations Anne on the $500 prize. Another ticket sold by lucky Grade 8 student Connor G.
- Hot lunches this week will be Pizza on Thursday and Friday is Grill Cheese Day
- School Skate is Friday- please return consents
- Students wishing to tryout for volleyball are invited to practices on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday-3:15-4:30 pm . Meet time to be announced
- Be Kind Assembly happening today at 2:15 pm- All are welcome to join us in gym
Due to SA currently being down we are unable to email parents their Newsletters. Please see attached for all the latest at Georgetown School. Paper copies have also been given to students who are the youngest or only child in their families at our school.
- Day 2 means IHT for our students in Grades 7 &8 – they will be off to MIS at 12:00 today
- Be Kind Assembly will be happening tomorrow @ 2:15 pm- families and friends of Georgetown School welcome to join us!!!
- Last week of school prior to March Break
- Intramural action will see the Pink Rabbits v Orange Peels and Wasabi Monsters v Darth Vaders
- Badminton meeting today at second recess for those interested in playing from grades 5-8
- School Skate on Friday- consents can be returned to homeroom teachers
- Password reset for all students happening today
- Orders for Pizza Thursday and Hot Dog Day Friday accepted M-W
On Friday, March 6 in the afternoon, all passwords for PSB student Google accounts will be reset. This is a standard practice that supports our efforts to ensure Government’s systems and servers remain protected. Students will be given their new passwords on Monday, March 9 at school. Schools are aware of this and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Monday March 9th will be a day 2 in the school cycle
IHT for students in Grade 7 & 8 at Georgetown School on Monday March 9
“Be Kind” Assembly will be taking place on Tuesday March 10 @ 2:15- Parents and families of students welcome to join us for this exciting afternoon
Consents for school skate went home Wednesday, please return asap