All after school activities for students at Georgetown School will be cancelled for today, February 27, due to the expected weather conditions later in the day
No Go!Play for students in grades 5-8
No Intermediate Dance at MIS, this will be rescheduled for a later date in March
- Welcome to staff guests and visitors, Ms. Gupreet Brar, Student Well-Being Team and Ann Inman
- Last Go!Play for the winter today. Grades 5-8 will stay after school with Gary Harris
- Drama Festival Practice today at lunch time with Mrs. O’Hanley
- Pizza Day- Maroon Pig cheese or pepperoni pizza for lunch today
- No School tomorrow, February 28- Staff Professional Development Day
- Check back for update re: Intermediate Dance, possible delay until March due to foretasted weather for this evening
- Welcome all staff guests and visitors to our school including Ms. Anna Axworthy-Campos and Ms. Kyla Hume
- Today is PINK SHIRT DAY- anti bullying awareness campaign starting here at Georgetown School, check out the article in the Eastern Graphic featuring Georgetown School and Mrs. O’Hanley
- Grade 8 Travel tickets still available to purchase a ticket for your chance to win the $500 prize
- No School Friday February 28- PD Day for staff
Please see the following link from the Public Schools Branch on how to help talk to your child about threats.
- Welcome to all staff guests and visitors to the school today
- This is the last week of Go!Play for Georgetown students. Tuesday for Gr. 1-4, Thursday for Gr. 5-8
- Pink Shirt Day- Wednesday February 26 for all students and staff-
- Orders accepted today for Pizza Day – Thursday Feb 27th
- Student vs. Teacher Intramural Soccer Battle- Thursday Feb 27
Late Friday afternoon (Feb. 21st), law enforcement received an anonymous tip suggesting that an unknown person would bring a firearm to a school.
An extensive investigation, involving all police agencies in the province, and in consultation with school officials, failed to turn up any information that would suggest that this threat was credible.
Given the fact that investigating these types of incidents often results in rumours and false assumptions, all involved felt that the public should be made aware of the information that was received.
All members of the public are reminded that threats of any nature will be fully investigated and subject to prosecution.
Schools across the province will be open on Monday.
A video of the full media briefing with the Department of Education and police officials can be viewed on the Government of Prince Edward Island’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/govpe.
- Welcome to all staff guests to our school today including Ms. Gurpreet Brar, Ms. Angela Seaman and Ms. Helena Essery
- Indoor recess today due to the extreme coldness
- Hot Dog Day for our Hot Lunch Program
- Next week are our last days of Go!Play on Tuesday and Thursday, Thanks to Gary Harris for being the coordinator again this winter
- Welcome to special guest Michael Pendergast from Canadian Parents for French. He will be presenting to students in Grade 4,5,6 this morning
We would like to thank Darlene “Dee” Fleming at this time for her wonderful care of our students on her afternoon bus run from Georgetown School. We wish her all the best in her new position in Montague.
Warmest welcome to Michelle Myers as the new permanent bus driver for 621, our afternoon bus driver. Michelle will be starting her new position on Monday February 24. We are looking forward to having her join her staff.
Bus 681 will be delayed by 30 minutes this morning.