- Today is Day 1
- Thanks to Patrick C. who was our student representative at the INDIGO shopping party on Friday evening. $400 was raised for the Georgetown Elementary School Library. Thanks to everyone who supported our event!
- Student Council will have their first meeting today at 12:10 in Mr. Bradley’s room- all students from grades 4-8 are welcome to attend meeting
- Welcome to staff guest, Kyle, who is here today speaking on Concussion Awareness to grade 7 and 8
- GoPlay! starts today for children in grades 1-4 with consent from parents signed. Go Play runs from 3:10 – 4:10 p.m. Gary Harris and his team of volunteers have lots of fun gym activities planned for the kids. GoPlay! for grades 5-8 will start on Thursday.
- Grade 8 graduation photos will be taken on Friday November 16th and retakes will also happen that day for any students who wish to have them.
- Photo orders will be sent away today…due date posted on proofs was November 8 (PD day)
Student school photo proofs are due for return to Lifetouch Photography on Tuesday November 13, 2018. Please have selections made and money returned to school office by this date if you plan to purchase school photos. Photos can also be purchased online at anytime.
Retakes and grade 8 Graduation photos will be happening on Friday November 16th in the morning.
Graduation gowns are provided by the school, if you wish to have a white shirt collar and or tie for your photo please wear your own.
- Today is day 6
- Please make staff guests welcome, Ms. Lesprance, Ms. Leslie and Mr. MacIsaac
- Subway for lunch today
- INDIGO! shopping party on Friday November 8th- 20% of purchases made will go towards Georgetown Elementary School library
- No School Thursday and Friday November 8th and 9th for PEITF meetings
- No School Monday November 12th in lieu of Remembrance Day
- Free milk day for K-6 Friday November 16th- get your milk order request into your homeroom teacher
- Hotdog Day Friday November 16th- order forms going home today for next week
The results are in- for the role of 4/5/6 class representative we have Laney K. and Layla J.
The co-presidents of the grade 7/8 class have been named and the winners are Eden B. and Caleb H.
Congratulations to everyone on great election campaigns. The staff and administration look forward to working with this wonderful team of representatives.
Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of January 7-11, 2019.
- Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2019 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400). Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
- A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
- Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
- Birth certificate
- PEI health card
- Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
- Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held in the Spring of 2019.
Big Congratulations going out to our first Grade 8 Travel Draw winner, Peter Brousseau. Peter is the winner of the $500 Travel Draw prize.
Thanks to Peter and all the friends and families of Georgetown Elementary School that support our Grade 8’s. Students are kept busy selling tickets as they plan, prepare and work towards their goal of graduation and a trip to Halifax in June 2019.
Students selling tickets this year from our Grade 8 class include: Matilda Gotell, Eden Boudreau, Mason Clory, Shane Brousseau, Caleb Harris and Gabbi King. Get your tickets, there will be 5 more $500 prize draws!!!
- Remembrance Service for Georgetown Elementary School with all students participating..starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Happy Birthday to Kieran P. in grade 2 and Marlyana G. in grade 4
- Election Day 2018- It is happening here too! Good Luck to all candidates running for Class Representative and Student Council
- Subway and milk orders due in today for the week
- Staff meeting after school today
- No School on Thursday & Friday November 8 & 9th for PEITF meetings
- Today is Day 3
- Please make staff guests, Ms. MacKinnon, Mr. MacIsaac and Ms. Leslie, welcome at GES
- Posters and preparations are being made for the upcoming student council elections- Monday November 5 will be the big day for speeches and voting. Good Luck Candidates!
- Georgetown Elementary Remembrance Service will be held on November 5th. Branch 8 Legion members will be in attendance, Trumpet player, GES choir and musical selections by all music classes will be on the program for this special 100 year anniversary celebration. Everyone Welcome!
- IHT today of Grade 7 & 8
- A great time was had by everybody at the annual Halloween Dance at GES, lots of fun, treats and prizes awarded. Many thanks to Student Council, Eden’s Gate and Seth Gotell for their hard work in planning, decorating and organizing!
- GoPlay! after school program will be starting soon- consents will be going home today for grades 1-4 and 5-8 for this after school fun supervised by Gary Harris and his team of volunteers!
- Remembrance Day Ceremony for GES will be on November 5th @ 11:30- All are welcome to be in attendance