Montague Regional High School Cannabis Information Session
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 – 6:30-8:00 pm at MRHS Cafeteria
Join us for a panel discussion and a Q & A session with the following participants:
- Hugh Panelas – RCMP Montague Detachment, Drug Recognition Specialist
- Sterling Carruthers – School Health Specialist, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Laura Ranahan – Mental Health Social Worker, Community Mental Health and Addictions
- Gillian Claybourne – Addictions Counselor, Community Mental Health and Addictions
- Dr. Thor Christiansen – Family Physician, Montague
- Mark Campbell – School Outreach Worker
The following questions will be considered:
- What does legalization of cannabis mean?
- What impact does cannabis use have on the physical and mental health of teenagers?
- What are the implications with enforcing the law with teenagers?
- What social implications are associated with teenage cannabis use?
- Where can you go for help if you are concerned about your son or daughter’s drug use?