Check it out…first parent bulletin, which also went home in backpacks today.
Please let the school know if you would like to be removed from our list of paper copies of the newsletter and help save a tree.
- Good Morning, today is day Day 4
- Terry Fox Run/ Walk this morning at 11:40 a.m.- outdoor track next to school if weather permits and inside the school if rain persists
- Fundraising goals have been surpassed, BIG thanks to all who donated. – Mr. Gallison is going to have to “pay the price” …which is going to a vote today!!
- No Classes for Students tomorrow- School Goals Meeting
- X-Country Meet at S.K.C. for those participating on Tuesday October 2
- Please make staff guests welcome: Angela Seaman, Amanda MacDonald, Dylan MacIsaac and Linda Leslie
- Happy Birthday to Shaye M. in Grade 6 and Raylan D in Kindergarten
- Please check out the useful and insightful article Kathy Kiley found. Great read for all.
- You will be enjoying lots of great little articles and tips in Kathy’s Counsellor’s Corner of the Parent Bulletin as well as in her blog, which can be accessed from the menu banner of this website.
- Let us know if there are any topics you would find useful or be more applicable to your family or our community.
- Today is Day 3
- Orange Shirt Day today- wearing orange to honor survivors of residential schools and remembering those who did not survive
- Terry Fox Run/ Walk tomorrow morning
- No School Friday
- X-country meet at Southern Kings Consolidated will be Tuesday October 2nd
- Today is our first Subway Day of 2018! Enjoy
Breakfast Club morning program is off to a wonderful start- Volunteers are in place for each weekday, and the fridge is full.
All students are welcome to join us for a filling and fun breakfast starting at 8:40 a.m. each day we have school. On the menu are bagels, fresh fruit, smoothies, cold and hot cereal, juice, cheese, English muffins and toast.
Thanks to everyone who has a part in keeping our little program running!
- Today is Day 2
- IHT for Grade 7/8 at Montague Intermediate today
- Cross Country Meeting in Gym with Mr. Gallison at Lunch
- Please welcome staff guests Ms. Linda Young-Leslie and Mr. Brian Crane
- Terry Fox Run/ Walk Thursday in the morning
- X- country meet at SKC Tuesday October 2nd
- Orange Shirt Day – Wednesday Sept 26
Check out the details for PD Day activities for your little ones hosted at the library here in Georgetown.
- Today is Day 6
- Order forms went home yesterday for Subway and milk order for next week- Please return by cut off date, Monday Sept 24
- Orange Shirt Day Wednesday Sept 26
- Terry Fox Run/ Walk Thursday Sept 27- request of $1.00 donation or campaign for pledges
- No Classes Friday Sept 28
- Last Day for Game Force Computer Programming after school club- 3:10-5:10
- Breakfast Club starts Monday September 24 @ 8:40 a.m. – All students are welcome to join us for a filling, fun breakfast!
The Dental Preventive Clinic will be starting at Georgetown Elementary School mid October 2018
Purpose of Dental Clinic: Screen children to assess risk of oral disease; provide oral health education, topical fluoride, scaling/polishing and sealants, according to your child’s individual needs.
Screening: All children will be seen for a two-minute screening to determine their risk of oral disease. If you do not wish your child to have this dental screening, please notify the school secretary or classroom teacher.
Consent: After the screening, all children will be given a consent form which will be necessary for you to complete and return before services are provided.
Fees: There is no cost involved as the preventive services are covered by the Children’s Dental Care Program.
Contact: If you have any questions about the program, please contact the dental staff at the School or the Dental Public Health Clinic in Charlottetown at 368-4918.
Further Information: Please note that only preventive services will be provided and the screening is not a substitute for an annual dental examination. It is strongly recommended that parents take their children to a dentist for regular examinations and treatment. The Children’s Dental Care Program assists with the cost of basic dental care delivered in private and public dental offices for children from ages 3 -17. For more information, please visit http://www.healthpei.ca/dentalhealth