October 1 was a designated School Goals day for Englewood School. Both instructional and support staff spent the day at school working collaboratively on our 2018-2019 School Goals Plan.
The goals we are focused on include student achievement in literacy and numeracy, parent communication and student well-being.
The action plans we have developed are based on the following 5 questions:
– How can we use technology to increase communication with parents?
– How can high yield instructional strategies be used to improve math?
– How can high yield instructional strategies be used to improve writing?
– How can early intervention impact our reading results at grade 3?
– How can a flexible learning environment improve student learner dispositions?
The day was spent reflecting on our goals, and looking at student writing samples in order to plan for next steps in instruction. Time was also spent developing flexible learning spaces around the school where we can better meet the growing needs of all our learners.
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about our school goals, please do not hesitate to contact us!