There will be a home and school meeting tomorrow evening at 7 p.m.
Home and School News, February 2018
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
Celebrate Teachers/Staff Appreciation Week, February 12 – 16, 2018. Home and Schools are reminded to celebrate all school staff during this week of recognition. The Federation will present Extra Mile Awards during the week to recognize school staff who go the ‘extra mile’ for students.
- President’s Annual Reports
The Annual Book of Reports is being compiled for circulation at the Annual Meeting in April. Presidents are asked to submit your Home and School Association’s Annual Report to the Federation by February 28, 2018. Don’t hesitate to call the Federation office for assistance. An online template: http://peihsf.ca/content/template-presidents-annual-reports
- Volunteer and Life Membership Awards
Each year at the Annual Meeting & Convention, Home and School volunteers are recognized for their volunteer efforts in their association and at their local school. Associations may nominate a Home and School member for the 2018 awards by compiling a nomination and sending to the Federation office by: March 9, 2018. Find criteria attached and online at: http://peihsf.ca/content/awards
- 65th Annual Meeting & Convention~1953-2018
The P.E.I. Home and School Federation will hold its 65th Annual Meeting & Convention on Saturday, April 14, 2018. All Home and Schoolers are invited to attend with each association asked to designate five attendees as your school’s voting delegates. You are encouraged to include teachers, administrators and staff as delegates. Registration information will mailed to presidents and posted online in February.
You requested speaker resource suggestions and we’ve compiled a list and posted online at: http://peihsf.ca/content/speaker-resources-listing This list will help direct you to a topic, speaker and contact information. If you have used other resources, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 620-3186
* Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Teaching, will recognizes 6 teachers for innovative approaches to teaching Canadian history. Deadline: April 1, 2018 CanadasHistory.ca/GGAward Contact: email@example.com or 1.866.952.3444 Ext.225
* Lives in the Balance, Dr. Ross Greene will be hosted by Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI for a two day conference, April 12-13, 2018; Credit Union Place, Summerside More info at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is mentioned in the newsletter but I thought I would also send it out as a post. The newsletter will arrive home after school today.
- A Fudge/Christmas treat sale will be held in the Library on the night of the Christmas concert. All proceeds from this sale will go toward assisting families in our community. These treats will be priced for sale at $2.00 per bag/package. It would be helpful if items could be prepackaged for sale (approximately 3-1” pieces of fudge per package). These treats may be sent to the school with your child or dropped off at the Office before noon on Wednesday, December 13
- Recipe ideas have been included in the newsletter. The newsletter is also online.
Congratulations to the Pre-Novice Girls Cross Country Team on their 2nd place finish at the Provincials in Mill River.
Team members include: Cadence Player, Marley David, Reagan Miller, Hannah Moore, Emily Wood, Grace Wood and Maryn Myers.
Way to go girls!!!