Year End Reminders
Donagh Days are winding down for the year but there are still many activities planned for the last few days.
Monday, June 25th
- Field Trip to Shining Waters and Sandspit
- Last Day to pay school supply fee of $40 for students in K-4. Students that have not paid are responsible for purchasing their own school supplies. Teachers will not have materials purchased for them in September.
Tuesday, June 26th
- (raindate for field trips) Hot-dogs provided for lunch (these will be served Monday if the field trip is rescheduled)
Wednesday, June 27th
- Fun Field Day Activities from 9:30-11:45
- H&S Provided Lunch- Pizza and ice-cream treat
- Closing Assembly Starting at 1:30 (Whole school presentations and Slide Show, followed by special Grade 6 presentations and reception for the Grade 6 class and their guests)
- Report Cards will be sent home with students. Any students not in attendance can pick up their report cards during summer custodial hours which are 6:00 am -2:00pm.
Field Trip Reminders
Tomorrow (Friday, June 22) is the final day to return permission slips and money for the field trip on Monday. We are watching the weather closely and right now it isn’t looking great (fingers crossed for a change in the next few days). Please listen to radio announcements and check the Donagh Regional Home and School Facebook page for updates.
K-3 Students will be going to Shining Waters. Due to the increased raindates we are expecting larger than normal crowds. To make identification easier we are asking all students to wear a blue t-shirt if possible. All teachers will also be wearing blue and if chaperones could wear blue as well that would be helpful. The pool facility is open for children in Gr. 1-3. (Classes tend to explore the park upon arrival and visit the water attractions in the afternoon after lunch) Kindergarten students will stay in the splash pad area. Please remember to pack sunscreen, snacks and appropriate clothes for the forecast.
4-6 students travelling to Sandspit are responsible for their snacks and lunch. They will be given a coupon for their meal if they have prepaid. They are responsible for placing their order and picking up their lunch. Chaperones will be posted around the park. Again, please remember to pack sunscreen, snacks and appropriate clothes for the forecast.
All busses will be leaving the school at 8:45 so we ask chaperones to meet us at the park entrance by 9:30-9:45. If your child will not be taking the bus home or if you plan on taking any other students home with you, they must have written permission from their parents and this should be prearranged before Monday.
The field trip is always a highlight of the year for students and the Donagh Staff wants to send a big THANK YOU to all of our parents that are helping out to make the day a success.
Donagh has exciting news. One of our own dragons, Belle Panton, has a chance to win a trip to Ottawa for her work on her Heritage Fair Project, “Life In The Trenches”.
The Young Citizens program, which focuses on citizenship and is a complementary component to Heritage Fairs, is an annual event where students present the results of their research on Canadian heroes, legends and key events in Canadian history. Participants in the Young Citizens program make a short video about their heritage fair topic, much like an evening news report or short documentary. The student videos are posted online and reviewed by a panel of judges for a chance to win a trip to Ottawa to attend the Canada’s History Forum.
By clicking on the link below you can vote up until June 22, 2018 and give Belle a chance to win.
Let’s get voting!