On Friday, May 18th we had a jersey day in support of Brodie MacCarthy. All Donations received will be going towards a scholarship fund that has been set up. Cardigan School raised $235.
December is a very busy month for us here at Cardigan School. The students and staff have a lot of activities going on. Here is a list of dates to remember:
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017: The “best seat in the house” money and any unsold tickets are due back to the school.
- Thursday, December 14, 2017: Cardigan School Annual Christmas Concert. 6:30PM. A donation box will be at the door and there will be fudge available for sale after the concert. ** Reminder parents are asked to please donate fudge for sale. We ask that each bag have 4 pieces and to be dropped of at the Christmas Concert. All money received will be going to the music department.
- Parents are asked to have students at the school by 6:10PM and they are to go directly to their homerooms to prepare for the concert.
- Friday, December 15, 2017: Each class is decorating gingerbread cookies. Cookies and supplies will be supplied by the school.
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017: We are going on a field trip to the Murphy’s Centre to go bowling in the morning and the afternoon we are going to Perrin’s Marina Villa to sing carols.
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017: We will be having a turkey dinner for staff and students. We would appreciate any cash donations to help go towards buying the supplies to feed 120 staff and students. Thank you in advance for your support
- Friday, December 22, 2017: Last day of School for 2017!!
We regret to inform you that Ms. Hardy, our music teacher’s father passed away Wednesday Morning. We have decided to cancel the Christmas concert and we will hold it in the New Year. Our new date will be Tuesday, January, 9th, 2018 at 6:30PM.
The staff at Cardigan Consolidated School would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Looking for Christmas gifts ideas for your children? Here are some ideas that are not only great for a child’s development, but also fun for all ages!!
Gift ideas for kindergarten to grade 2:
Bed Bugs Game (hand strength)
Snakes and Ladders (math skills)
Connect 4 (problem solving)
Memory Games and Matching Games (memory skills)
Playdoh and accessories (hand strength and imagination)
Baseball Glove and Ball (hand eye coordination)
Legos (fine motor and imagination)
Puzzles (Great for all areas!!)
Dot to Dot, Mazes and Colour by Number workbooks (pencil skills)
Gift Ideas for grades 3 to 6:
Battleship (hand eye coordination)
Rush Hour (problem solving)
Lite Brite (fine motor)
Monopoly (counting and math skills)
Legos (fine motor and imagination)
Twister (coordination; understanding left and right)
Nerf Gun (hand eye coordination)
Perfection (fine motor)
Triple P takes the guesswork out of parenting!
Upcoming Seminar: November 27 at 6:30 p.m.
Montague Consolidated School
The Triple P positive parenting program is one of the world’s most effective parenting programs. Come learn how to build stronger family relationships, manage the
misbehaviour and prevent problems from happening at all. You will take home some great ideas to try with your own family. Seminars are relaxed sessions that tackle some
of the most common family issues. Each seminar lasts 90
minutes and there’s time for questions at the end. These sessions can help you feel confident as a parent, build better relationships, be realistic about
parenting and take care of yourself too!
Department of Health & Wellness: is pleased to announce an upcoming event that is open to the public with no registration required. It will be held at the Benevolent Irish Society located on 582 North River road, Charlottetown from 7PM-8PM. It is a public presentation by Todd Leader. His presentation is called “Ensuring the Future Health of Our Children & Grandchildren… It Takes a Village”.
There are many parts to make a community as healthy as possible. It is more than just trying to encourage people to eat healthy and exercise. Come be inspired by Todd Leader to learn more about ways to create a healthy community for the next generation, and what you can do to make a difference!
We have updated our website. Please take a few moments and take a look at what’s new.