We would like to send out a very special “thank you” to the P.E.I Street Rod Association for their generous donation to our school for our Healthy Snack Program.
Halloween is on Wednesday, October 31st. We will be having our Halloween parade around the gym after second recess. Students can bring in their costume for this event OR they can wear orange and black.
Parents are asked to please limit the number of treats sent to school AFTER the night of trick or treating to 1 or 2 per day. Studies have shown that sugar does tend to make children hyper and as a result they find it very difficult to concentrate in class. We would appreciate your cooperation with this.
SCHOOL PHOTOS: Friday, October 26th.
We are happy to be back for another full filled school year. We have some great new staff join us this year and we are looking forward to a great year of learning!
Be sure to regularly pop by our website as it is updated on a regular basis.
On Friday, May 18th we had a jersey day in support of Brodie MacCarthy. All Donations received will be going towards a scholarship fund that has been set up. Cardigan School raised $235.
December is a very busy month for us here at Cardigan School. The students and staff have a lot of activities going on. Here is a list of dates to remember:
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017: The “best seat in the house” money and any unsold tickets are due back to the school.
- Thursday, December 14, 2017: Cardigan School Annual Christmas Concert. 6:30PM. A donation box will be at the door and there will be fudge available for sale after the concert. ** Reminder parents are asked to please donate fudge for sale. We ask that each bag have 4 pieces and to be dropped of at the Christmas Concert. All money received will be going to the music department.
- Parents are asked to have students at the school by 6:10PM and they are to go directly to their homerooms to prepare for the concert.
- Friday, December 15, 2017: Each class is decorating gingerbread cookies. Cookies and supplies will be supplied by the school.
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017: We are going on a field trip to the Murphy’s Centre to go bowling in the morning and the afternoon we are going to Perrin’s Marina Villa to sing carols.
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017: We will be having a turkey dinner for staff and students. We would appreciate any cash donations to help go towards buying the supplies to feed 120 staff and students. Thank you in advance for your support
- Friday, December 22, 2017: Last day of School for 2017!!
We regret to inform you that Ms. Hardy, our music teacher’s father passed away Wednesday Morning. We have decided to cancel the Christmas concert and we will hold it in the New Year. Our new date will be Tuesday, January, 9th, 2018 at 6:30PM.
The staff at Cardigan Consolidated School would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Looking for Christmas gifts ideas for your children? Here are some ideas that are not only great for a child’s development, but also fun for all ages!!
Gift ideas for kindergarten to grade 2:
Bed Bugs Game (hand strength)
Snakes and Ladders (math skills)
Connect 4 (problem solving)
Memory Games and Matching Games (memory skills)
Playdoh and accessories (hand strength and imagination)
Baseball Glove and Ball (hand eye coordination)
Legos (fine motor and imagination)
Puzzles (Great for all areas!!)
Dot to Dot, Mazes and Colour by Number workbooks (pencil skills)
Gift Ideas for grades 3 to 6:
Battleship (hand eye coordination)
Rush Hour (problem solving)
Lite Brite (fine motor)
Monopoly (counting and math skills)
Legos (fine motor and imagination)
Twister (coordination; understanding left and right)
Nerf Gun (hand eye coordination)
Perfection (fine motor)