Our final fundraising activity is scheduled to start, Monday, November 4. It will run from November 4 to November 25. All students are welcome to participate, please read the information below, which outlines the detail of the fundraiser.
Cindy Bowring will be the lead on this fundraiser. Please contact her by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, if your child would like to participate.
Grade 9 Travel Team
Smith’s Christmas Trees
Fundraising Information Sheet
Organization sells certificates for $40 which are redeemable
for an island grown balsam fir tree during the month of October.
Pick up between December 1st and December 20th, 2019.
Locations: Farm in Mayfield (U-cut/Pre-Cut) or Charlottetown Canadian Tire tree lot location—Pre-Cut only)
The fundraising organization keeps $10 from every certificate redeemed.
Fundraiser Information Sheet
Handmade balsam fir Christmas wreaths. Decorated with hand-picked pine cones, handmade red velvet bows, and holly berries. Wreaths are approximately 14 inches.
Pre-sell certificates (template provided by us for you to print). Certificate purchasers can pick out their own wreath at the farm in Mayfield or our Charlottetown Canadian Tire tree lot location beginning December 1st until December 15th. Sell each certificate for $20. Keep $5 for each certificate sold for your organization. Payment of $15/certificate sold is due upon completion of fundraiser.
- Hockey Academy today for Gr. 8/9. Students will dismiss at 1:45
- Boys Practice @ 4:30. Boys play tomorrow at Stonepark and host Summerside Friday at 5:30pm
- Congratulations to the AA Girls on defeating East Wiltshire 3 games straight. Game day tomorrow at Stonepark at 4:00pm. Practice at 3:00 – 4:30 today.
- Please pay your tournament fee to your coach asap or online email@example.com
- Girls A Soccer practice from 3:15 to 4:30. The girls will play their first play-off game tomorrow against Gulf Shore at home.
- Boys A Soccer practice 3:15-4:30
- Girls AA Soccer practice today 3-4:30. Playoff game tomorrow at home – tima TBA. All girls received a note yesterday with the details of the rest of the season.
- Boys AA Soccer: yesterday was an epic day for the boys’ team. HUGE win for the Cobras 2-1 over QC. Demmoy and Matt MacLean scored. Cam Walsh had an outstanding game. It’s off to the playoffs, where anything can happen! Meeting in Mme. Gavard’s room today at break
Only a handful of athletic fees are outstanding. Thanks in advance for paying up!
Girls Field hockey:
- Practice 3:00-4:15 at Birchwood
- First practice will take place in the cafeteria on Monday, Oct 28 3-4:30 with Ms.Morrison. All are welcome! Practices will run Mon and Wed for Oct and Nov with more practices being added. There will be a camp at Col Gray on Nov 9/10.
- Library: Congrats to the 2 winning trivia teams yesterday everyone had a great time! Today at lunch we will be serving hot chocolate to anyone who is reading in the library!
Next week is Spirit week at Birchwood!
- October 23: Tropical Weather Day!
- October 24: Throwback Thursday!
- First School Dance: 7-9
- October 25: Funky Hair Friday!
- Prizes for the class with the most participation!!!
Duke of Edinburgh:
- A reminder of the meeting for ALL Duke of Ed students about the online record book at 1pm today in Room 225. Please let your period 7 / 8 teacher know.
- Girls AA team will be leaving just before noon for a tournament in Truro. Good luck Girls!
- A Girls team is playing in the Kevin Campbell Tournament at Stonepark this weekend. The team will be leaving at 1:15 for their first game. Remember to get any work you will miss, girls!
- AAB at Cornwall Turf 4:30 Monday
- AB at Francois Buote 4:15 Monday
- AAG practice Monday
Girls Field hockey:
- Game today against EWS – 2:00pm at UPEI. Please excuse the girls at 1:20.
- Good luck to everyone competing at Provincials tomorrow at Mill River!