- Sept.25 – Home & School meeting 6:30 at Birchwood
- Sept 26 – Terry Fox Run will be held in the afternoon. Details below:
- Fry truck and freezies 2.00$. Students must pre-order and HR teachers will record who has paid.
- Pledges were sent home Yesterday, Thursday Sept 19 and need to be returned by Wed Sept 25. There will be top three prizes for students.
- Sept. 27 – No Classes / School Goals PD Day
- Sept. 30. Orange Shirt day is . For more info click here
- Oct. 2/3. Picture days.
- Early morning Grade 9 band begins tomorrow morning at 7:45.
- Future Goals will start today in Mr. James’ room 311
Welcome to Carron McCabe of Brilliant Labs who will be working with students in Ms. Squire’s Language Arts classes for the next few days on a “Coding and Storytelling: Computational and Design Thinking” creative challenge. Welcome to Birchwood, Carron.
- Terry Fox Run will take place this Thursday afternoon. Pledges are due this Wed as well top 3 students who raise the most money will get great gift cards from Jacks’ pizza. As well after the run, students can buy fries/freezie for 2.00$ combo, great deal. Please preorder with your homeroom teacher.
This Wed will be hat day, for 1.00$ you can wear a hat on Wed. Please pay HR teacher.
2D Designer’s BootCamp Program:
- Students who are interested in participating in GameForce: Designer’s BootCamp, 2D Video Game Development program, please sign up in Ms. Squire’s room, 221. It will run for five consecutive days for a period of two hours per day immediately following school. This is to determine interest. The start date will be announced at a later time.
Outdoor adventure club:
- The outdoor adventure club will meet today at 12:15 in Mr. Dohoo’s room 237. All members interested in this week’s outing must attend. New members are always welcome.
- Can all library monitors please meet in the library at break.
- All golfers will meet at gym doors at 11:15 this morning, good luck today and hit em long and straight.
- Girls Volleyball – A try-outs today at 3:00
- Congratulations to the Girls AA Volleyball team on finishing 3rd at the M.E. Callaghan tournament. The team defeated Stonepark to advance to the semi’s, then came up a bit short to Queen Charlottetown to end up in the bronze medal game. Cobras then defeated East Wiltshire to capture the bronze medal. Shout out to Alina Crockett on receiving the top offensive player of the tournament and Alanna Mabey for receiving a tournament all-star. Way to go Cobra’s! Practice today at 4:30
- Boys Volleyball – Practice from 3:15 – 4:30 pm
- Girls Soccer – A and AA girls will practice 3:15 to 4:30, weather permitting
- Boys Soccer – AA Practice from 3:00-4:30.
- A Boys soccer team has a meeting at morning break in Mr. Chaisson’s room. Practice today weather permitting.
Girls field hockey:
- Practice 3:00-4:30
- Reminder that there is a meeting in Mme Gavard’s room at lunch today. All new members that have submitted their paragraphs are welcome to join.
Gender & Sexuality Alliance Meeting
- Students are invited to join the first Gender & Sexuality Alliance meeting being held on Wednesday after school from 3-3:45pm. This is a student led group for any Birchwood student who wants to connect to peers and educate our school community about LGBTQ topics of interest.