- Birchwood Cannabis Presentation, Wed., 6:30.
- Birchwood Terry Fox run & Orange Shirt Day, Thursday, Sept. 27.
- Birchwood Home & School meeting, Wed, 0ct. 3, 6:30
- AA Girls Soccer – Cancelled today
- A girls Soccer – Cancelled today, practice Monday
- A boys soccer- Cancelled today
- Golf – Cancelled today
- Baseball – Cancelled today
- Volleyball – Cancelled today
- In collaboration with Queen Charlotte, Stonepark and East Wiltshire, ” We invite all Intermediate parents to an Information Session on Cannabis at Birchwood School this coming Wednesday at 6:30. We welcome our guest speakers, Tim Keizer, Police Liaison at Colonel Gray,Maliqi Fatdarth, Drug Recognition Expert, and Carmina Gaite, coordinator for mental health and addictions speaking about mental health implications.
- The purpose of our gathering is to respond to any further questions you may have about the Cannabis Talk Kit which was passed out at Meet the Teacher night. Those who haven’t received the booklet will receive it next Wednesday at the start of the meeting. Also to raise awareness to parents as cannabis becomes legal next month and the implications it may have with your son/daughter.Looking forward to seeing you next Wednesday at 6:30 at Birchwood School!
Orange Shirt day:
- Orange shirt day tomorrow! All students are reminded to wear an orange shirt tomorrow. This is to recognize the legacy of Canada’s Residential Schools and to stand up and say Every Child Matters. It is also Terry Fox day, so in addition to your orange shirt, wear something comfortable for a long walk or run.
- Fry Truck: The fry wagon will be here tomorrow. Please bring a $2 and pay your homeroom teacher.
- Hockey Academy begins today for grade 8 and 9 students. Please excuse students at 1:40 today.
- Game today in Cornwall at 3:30. Please dismiss girls at 2:45.
Girls’ Flag Football:
- Flag football female u 16 provincial team tryouts Saturday Sept 29th
- Central Queens school – 10 am to 12
- Cost is 5$ per player, Players born age 2004
- For more information email email@example.com
- Leadership students please meet in the library for a quick meeting at break today.
- Persuasive writing contest due October 7th- Why the Offline room is beneficial to Birchwood students.
- Library Monitors please meet in the library at break for a quick meeting.
- Outdoor adventure club members taking part in the activity after school today are asked to head to the cafeteria at 3pm.
- Attention all Cobras Soccer players! Sunday, Sept 30th, UPEI Panthers host the UNB REDS! 1:00pm Women’s game & 3:15 Men’s game
- Members of the 4 BW Soccer teams have been invited to be guests of UPEI and will be featured as the ball girls & boys. They will get a pizza party from Domino’s to thank them for their contribution. Plan to arrive 15-20 mins before game time. Go Panthers Go! Players should dress warmly! They should wear their black Under Armour Birchwood shirt and we will have some Cobras jerseys for those who don’t have a shirt.
- AA Girls – Cancelled today,
- A girls – Cancelled today,practice Monday
- A boys- Cancelled today,
- Golf – Cancelled today,
- Baseball – Cancelled today,
- Volleyball – Cancelled today,
- Boys AA soccer will meet in the Foods room at 3pm- Please attend
- A Girls’ Soccer – A girls played a great game yesterday against Stonepark. They were down 2-0 with 20 minutes left. The team made a big push and Rayann Ferguson and Abby Ives both put in awesome goals to tie the game 2-2 while Grace Bulger had an amazing game as keeper! Great job, girls! There will be practice today from 3 to 4:30 weather permitting.
- AA Girls’ Soccer – big win vs. Queen Charlotte 4-0! Goals were scored by Ava Burgoyne (2), Shanice Singh and Ria Johnston. Keeper Kate MacDonald stopped everything! Practice today canceled
- Our Terry Fox Run will take place tomorrow afternoon. Terry Fox pledges are due tomorrow-please pass into homeroom teachers. HR teachers will keep an individual record of student pledges. Top 3 fundraisers receive great prizes.
- Terry Fox pledges are due this Thursday!! Remember 3 great prizes for the top 3 fundraisers
- Fry Truck: The fry wagon will be here Thursday, for Terry Fox. $2 an order! Homeroom teachers will be collecting Wednesday and Thursday.
- Persuasive Writing Contest! Develop a persuasive piece of writing explaining why our new OFFLINE ROOM will benefit students here at Birchwood. Submit your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win an exciting prize.
- The band room will be open at lunch for any students who had difficulties with adding a video to google classroom to submit their first band skill. Also, extra help is available students experiencing trouble reading music.