- Birchwood Cannabis Presentation, Wed., 6:30.
- Birchwood Terry Fox run & Orange Shirt Day, Thursday, Sept. 27.
- Birchwood Home & School meeting, Wed, 0ct. 3, 6:30
- In collaboration with Queen Charlotte, Stonepark and East Wiltshire, ” We invite all Intermediate parents to an Information Session on Cannabis at Birchwood School this coming Wednesday at 6:30. We welcome our guest speakers, Tim Keizer, Police Liaison at Colonel Gray,Maliqi Fatdarth, Drug Recognition Expert, and Carmina Gaite, coordinator for mental health and addictions speaking about mental health implications.
- The purpose of our gathering is to respond to any further questions you may have about the Cannabis Talk Kit which was passed out at Meet the Teacher night. Those who haven’t received the booklet will receive it next Wednesday at the start of the meeting. Also to raise awareness to parents as cannabis becomes legal next month and the implications it may have with your son/daughter.Looking forward to seeing you next Wednesday at 6:30 at Birchwood School!
Orange Shirt Day:
- Sept. 27 is Orange Shirt Day, an opportunity for us all to come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope for future generations. It is a day that raises awareness of the history of residential schools for the Indigenous peoples and honours the thousands of survivors of residential schools. We encourage all students and staff to wear an orange shirt on this day
- The library will be open at break to check out books. If you are needing a book for class, please make sure you grab your book at break or lunch. Please submit your Persuasive writing on, “Why the Offline Room would be beneficial to students” to Mrs. Gairns through email.
- Golf tryouts are today at Belvedere golf course, 3:45. Cost is $15 taxes in.
- The boys had a solid showing yesterday, doubling Montague by a score of 6-3. The Cobras were lead by Sam Worth’s solid pitching performance; Sam went for 6 and ⅔ innings, striking out 15. Ethan Smith scored 4 runs, thanks to some timely hitting from Elliot Proud and Hunter MacLeod.
Next game is this Wednesday in Summerside.
- Students please make sure you get your poster boards completed before Thursday.
- AA Girls’ Soccer: Game today @ QC at 4:15. Please meet Ms. Morrison in the gym at break to arrange your drive.
- A Girls’ Soccer : Game today @ Stonepark at 4:10. Please meet Mrs. Bernard in room 306 at break to confirm your drive to the game
- Attention all Cobras Soccer players! Sunday, Sept 30th, UPEI Panthers host the UNB REDS! 1:00pm Women’s game & 3:15 Men’s game.
- Members of the 4 BW Soccer teams have been invited to be guests of UPEI and will be featured as the ball girls & boys. They will get a pizza party from Domino’s to thank them for their contribution. Plan to arrive 15-20 mins before game time. Go Panthers Go! Players should dress warmly! They should wear their black Under Armour Birchwood shirt and we will have some Cobras jerseys for those who don’t have a shirt.
Field Hockey: Practice today 3-4:30
Cross Country: Practice today after school
Girls’ Flag Football:
- Flag football female u 16 provincial team tryouts on Saturday Sept 29th
- Where Central Queens school 10 am to 12 – $5
- Players born age 2004
- For more information email email@example.com
- Terry Fox pledges are due this Thursday!! Remember 3 great prizes for the top 3 fundraisers
- Today is Hat Day( Terry Fox fundraiser) , wear a hat for one dollar and please pay your HR teacher.
- Fry Truck: The fry wagon will be here Thursday, for Terry Fox. $2 an order! Homeroom teachers will be collecting Wednesday and Thursday.
- Persuasive Writing Contest! Develop a persuasive piece of writing explaining why our new OFFLINE ROOM will benefit students here at Birchwood. Submit your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win an exciting prize.
- Grade 8 band students meet for rehearsal tomorrow morning at 7:45.
- The band room will be open at lunch for any students who had difficulties with adding a video to google classroom to submit their first band skill. Also, extra help is available students experiencing trouble reading music.