Important upcoming dates:
- Click here to check our school calendar for important upcoming dates.
Next Years Grade 7’s:
- Thursday, May 17, Parent/Guardian Information Meeting for incoming grade 7’s, 6:30.
- Friday, May 18, Grade 6 Orientation New Students (No Classes for Grade 7’s)
- Parents, guardians, family and friends, and community members are invited to attend the Opening Exhibit of ArtsSmarts 2018 on Friday evening, May 18 at 6:00 pm at the Confederation Center National Art Gallery in Charlottetown.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- Students across PEI use the ArtsSmarts program to create a diverse range of Learning Experiences that directly link the creative process to their class curriculum outcomes.
- Four grade 9 Language Arts classes at Birchwood Intermediate participated in the Arts Smarts Program this year. 9-1, 9-4, 9-5, and 9-6 students worked with Island artist Stephen B. MacInnis. Their project is entitled “From the Stone Age to Post Modernism: The History of Art”. Each student wrote a research essay and created a piece of art that will be included in the exhibit.
- Thank you to teacher Ms. Frances Ann Squire, Island artist Stephen B. MacInnis, Cecile Arsenault of Culture PEI, and local and national partners who make this program possible for Island students!
- Please join us to celebrate the artworks created by over a hundred Birchwood Intermediate students!
- Our online school fees payment system is up and running. Click Here to pay school fees, athletics fees, plays, sports shirts etc.
- The UA warm up shirts will be here next week. If your child ordered one please pay online from the link above or pay in the office. Cost is $40.
- Cobra Gear orders click here
- Grade 7 band meets today at noon.
- Boys A flag football team. Please meet outside the gym on the benches at 10:45am break to arrange rides to Cornwall for our 3:40pm game.
- AA Girls flag football practice today after school
- Anyone wishing to try out for the Birchwood Baseball team is asked to meet outside the gym at 3 pm. We will walk down to Spring Lane ball field together after school.
Track & Field:
- All track athletes please meet in the gym at 10:45 break today.
- Zone meet is on Thursday at UPEI.
- Game Thursday Vs. QC at Spring Lane Diamond, 4:30.
- The Math Gauss competition will take place this morning during periods 1,2,3. Can those students please go to the cafeteria following morning announcements.
- Please return all your overdue library books. There is a drop box outside the library doors.
- Next Wednesday night, from 5:30-8:30, we are hosting our second Indigo Fundraiser to support our library. Please spread the word.