Over the next few days, students and staff will be enjoying a number of activities and events that will keep students and staff busy. We encourage all students to participate and to bring their Cobra spirit so that these days are enjoyed by all. One of the events that we will be offering, on Friday, will be a school skate (helmets required) at the Eastlink Center starting at 10 am. Other activities throughout the day, will be offered for those students who prefer not to skate.Grade 7’s will be having our second off grounds day this Friday which we hope will be a drier experience. Students must have your permission so please discuss your expectations with your child for this day. If you are giving your child permission, please remind your children to dress for the weather so that they have an enjoyable lunch.
The Birchwood Administration
- NO early morning rehearsals this week for grade 8/9.
- NO lunch band for grade 7 today.
- Instruments must go home for the holidays. Also, any grade 9 students who have secret santa gifts please bring the gift to the band room right away.
- Secure the memories of the 2017-2018 school year with a yearbook. Yearbook click here.
- Cobra Gear orders click here.
- DODGEBALL : Today at 1:15
- Quarter -Finals : Moose Vs. Dodgers ; 10 Ninjas Vs. Flamingos
- Semi -Finals : Rangers Vs. Quarter Winner, Giants Vs. Quarter Winner
- The Cobras will begin practicing in January. Practices will be twice a week and the wrestling team is open to all Birchwood students who are interested. On Saturday, December 23rd there is a very unique opportunity for our students to attend a Wrestling PEI sanctioned camp with PEI’s elite wrestlers / national team members, who are home for the holidays. Hopefully many of our new wrestlers can attend and learn from the best!
- Venue: Colonel Gray Senior High School Cafeteria
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 23rd 2017 10:00 – 3:00 (lunch break at noon)
- Cost: $20 All interested should see Ms. Morrison today at 10:454 in gym.
- Upcoming Field Hockey clinic! We are excited to offer a school-ages clinic on Thursday December 21 from 4-6pm at Stratford (Soccer) Indoor Turf! This clinic will be put on by Abbey MacLellan, a member of the UBC Thunderbirds. Abbey was named a Can-West All-Star, and 1st Team All-Canadian for field hockey this past season as the Thunderbirds won their 7th CIS Championship! The clinic is open to all junior high, high school and provincial players. There is no fee for this event! But, you must pre-register by December 15, 2017. To register, or if you have questions, please contact email@example.com. Hope to see you there
- Mrs. Gairns would like to collect all overdue and missing books before the Christmas break. Please return books to the library drop off or renew all your library books at lunch. Thank you.
- With our students and the holidays in mind, our library is participating in a Flipgive fundraiser. There are three options to support our library fundraiser:
- If you choose to purchase a gift card online, (using the link below) our library will receive 20% of those sales.
- When you purchase any item online (using the link below) our library will also receive a small percentage of those sales.
- Lastly, if you would like to shop in store, but would still like to support our library; you can purchase a gift card online,(using the link below) and use that gift card in store.
- Library Fundraiser
- All Art Battle participants meet in Mr. Murphy’s Foods lab today at breaktime.